Type: Mobile MMORPG
Release Date: July 28, 2016
Pros: +Classic MU-styled world. +Lots of events. +Various modes of play available.
Cons: -Dated graphics. -PvP relies heavily on your combat rating. -Little to no challenge. -The game can almost play itself entirely.
MU: Origin Overview
MU: Origin is a mobile spin-off of the classic Korean MMORPG MU Online. It is an action MMORPG with a focus on dungeon running, screen-dominating spells, and fast-paced leveling. Choose one of three classes: Dark Knight, Dark Wizard, or Elf. Set off on an adventure through Story Dungeons, Daily Dungeons, Party Dungeons, and the Endless Tower. Take on other players in one-on-one Arena matches, climbing the leaderboards as you go. Take part in one of many events including World Bosses and the Colosseum. Or just set the game to play itself and sit back as your character slowly becomes more powerful.
MU: Origin Key Features:
- PC-like experience - MU: Origin brings all of the features you would expect from a PC MMORPG to mobile.
- Three classes - choose from the Dark Knight, Dark Wizard, and Elf classes and take on legions of enemies using devastating attacks.
- Varied game modes - take part in Story Dungeons, Daily Dungeons, Party Dungeons, or the Endless Tower.
- 1v1 Arena PvP - challenge other players to one-on-one matches in the Arena and climb the PvP ladder as you go.
- A multitude of events - World Bosses, Golden Forces spawns, and the Colosseum are just some of the events that you can take part in while playing MU: Origin.
MU: Origin Screenshots
MU: Origin Featured Video
MU: Origin Review
MU: Origin Videos
MU: Origin System Requirements
Operating System: Android
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 or equivalent
MU: Origin Music & Soundtrack
MU: Origin Additional Information
Developer(s): Beijing TIANMASHIKONG Network Technology Co., Ltd
Game engine: In-house engine
Korea Release Date: April 2015
China Release Date: May 2015
Vietnam Closed Beta Date: October 2015
Worldwide Closed Beta Date: January 25, 2016
Release Date: July 28, 2016
Development History / Background:
MU: Origin was developed by Beijing TIANMASHIKONG Network Technology Co. as part of WEBZEN's IP franchising business. The MU IP was licensed to Beijing TIANMASHIKONG Network Technology Co. in order to create the title. It was released in Korea in April 2015 and China in May 2015. It topped the charts on the Google Play Store and App Store in Korea, as well as topping the charts of the Chinese App Store and making it into the top 5 of the Chinese Google Play Store. It was announced on January 12, 2016 that an international English version would be released in 2016. The international version entered Closed Beta on January 25, 2016. MU: Origin launched on July 28, 2016 for both iOS and Android.