Take A Peek At The Playable Classes In World War Z
Great news zombie fans! Saber Interactive and Focus Home Interactive are teaming up once again to bring Paramount Pictures’ 2013 box office zombie action film World War Z to consoles. The announcement was made via a press release earlier today along with a rundown of the playable classes in the game.
“World War Z takes players on a zombie-packed journey of unique survivor stories all around the world, including New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and more. Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, the game unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies at a time on players for a heart-pounding action experience.”
World War Z is a four-player cooperative multiplayer game similar to Valve’s Left 4 Dead series of games but with a whole lot more zombies thanks to the Swarm Engine. Players will be able to pick from six playable classes, each with unique perks. They can also arm themselves with a vast array of weapons, explosives, traps, barricades, and turrets to take on the undead. Check out the classes below:
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
You can catch a preview of the classes in the video after the break.