The Repopulation is a 3D sci-fi themed sandbox MMORPG with open ended, player driven gameplay. The Repopulation offers a mix of RPG and shooter style gameplay with skill-based progression.
|Publisher: Above and Beyond Technologies
Type: Sandbox MMORPG
PvP: Faction Based (optional)
Release Date: December 19, 2014 (Early Access)
Pros: +Vast, feature rich game world. +Play driven economy. +Hybrid RPG/Shooter combat.
Cons: -Steep learning curve. -Clunky user interface. -Dated visuals.
The Repopulation Overview
The Repopulation is a crowd funded sci-fi MMORPG that draws its inspiration from the open ended gameplay found in classic MMORPGs like Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies. The game features three warring factions, and gives players the tools they need to create their own unique experiences.
The Repopulation Key Features:
- Open Ended Gameplay – players forge their own path using sandbox tools.
- Skill Based Progression – over 75 skills to learn organized in categories including: Combat, Diplomacy, Rogue, Entertainment, Trade, Survival, and Advanced.
- RPG Mode or Action Mode – switch between traditional RPG combat and shooter style controls at any time.
- Pet System – control pets using three unique features: Genetic Engineering, Taming, and Robotics.
- Player Customization – players can customize their vehicles, build their own homes, or create entire cities complete with vendors and guardians.
The Repopulation Screenshots
no images were found
The Repopulation Featured Video
The Repopulation Review
The Repopulation Videos
The Repopulation Links
The Repopulation System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3400+
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 450 / ATI Radeon 5750
RAM: 3 GB
Hard Disk Space: 15 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K / AMD Phenom II X4 970 or better
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / ATI Radeon 7850 or better
RAM: 4 GB or better
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB or more
The Repopulation Music & Soundtrack
The Repopulation Additional Information
Developer: Above and Beyond Technologies
Publisher: Above and Beyond Technologies via Steam
Game Engine: HeroEngine
Lead Developers: J.C. Smith, Joshua Halls
Art Director: Stadi Thompson
Lead Composer: Steven Coltart
Release Date: Q4 2015
Early Access Date: December 19, 2014
Reveal Date: June 2, 2012
Development History / Background:
The Repopulation started as a Kickstarter project that launched on June 2, 2012. The initial goal of $25,000 was reached within two weeks and the game went on to raise a total of $53,169 by the end of the campaign.
While The Repopulation will be free to play upon release, players can purchase beta access for $20-$100 through either a Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Platinum+ package.