Hyper Universe is a 4v4 side-scrolling action MOBA. Destroy towers, farm the jungles, fight bosses, and equip a variety of items to conquer your enemies.
Release Date: August 24, 2017 (NA Early Access)
PvP: Team-based Battlegrounds
Pros: +Unique side-scrolling gameplay. +Variety of characters. +Controller support.
Cons: -Mandatory AI matches (2 hours). -Some gear needs to be unlocked.
Hyper Universe Overview
Hyper Universe is 3D side-scrolling MOBA that, like Smite, takes a fresh look at the MOBA genre and alters some of the core elements to create a new experience. As opposed to the typical RTS point-and-click control scheme of most MOBAs, Hyper Universe uses WASD to directly control the character on the platforms, focusing on action. Only six towers are present on the game's map, on the center lane where most of the action happens, with farmable NPCs and a boss located on the levels above and below the center. Its roster consists of over 28 characters, many of which are familiar faces inspired by popular characters and pop culture.
Hyper Universe Key Features:
- Six Character Types – pick from a variety of new and traditional MOBA roles, including: Striker, Technician, Stalker, Bruiser, Tank, and Supporter.
- Side-Scrolling MOBA – play a fresh take on the MOBA genre: a seven-level side-scrolling map with only six towers.
- Variety of Playable Characters – pick from a myriad of 28+ unique playable characters inspired by pop culture.
- Action-Oriented Gameplay – get in the thick of the battle with WASD controls, dashing and jumping across the game map.
- Detailed Character Models – fight against enemy players either in 1v1 duels through the game's RPG mode, or take part in ferocious RTS-style warfare where you command your troops to fight against another player's army.
Hyper Universe Screenshots
Hyper Universe Featured Video
Hyper Universe Review
Hyper Universe Videos
Hyper Universe Online Links
Hyper Universe System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
CPU: Intel Dual Core or higher
Video Card: GeForce 9600 / AMD Equivalent
RAM: 3 GB
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
CPU: Intel i3 or higher
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 650 / AMD Equivalent
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
Hyper Universe Music & Soundtrack
Hyper Universe Additional Information
Publisher: NEXON Korea
Announcement Date: November 26, 2014
Closed Alpha Date: September 9, 2015 (South Korea)
Closed Alpha Date 2: September 12, 2015 (South Korea)
Closed Beta Date: December 15, 2015 (South Korea)
English Alpha Date: May 5th, 2017
English Closed Beta: June 23, 2017
English / Western Early Access: August 24, 2017
Open Beta / Full Launch: January 17, 2017
Development History / Background:
Hyper Universe is being developed by CWAVESOFT, a South Korean-based game developer founded by the former head director of NEXON Eun Do Chae, with the goal of developing Hyper Universe. The game is being published by NEXON Korea. Hyper Universe debuted at G-STAR 2015, on November 26, 2015, with a trailer and a small amount of information. A closed alpha test was announced for September 9, 2015 and September 12, 2015 that was short-lived, with an announcement for its closed beta date coming only a few months after. On January 25th Nexon announced that Hyper Universe would release in the West before the end of 2017. Alpha testing began on May 5th, 2017 and Closed Beta began June 23, 2017. Paid early access ($15.99) began on Steam on August 24, 2017. The game's free to play launch happened on January 17, 2017 on Steam and the Nexon launcher.