Granblue Fantasy is a 2D turn-based browser and mobile MMORPG where players embark on a quest to find the mythical island "Estalucia". Choose from a variety of classes, weapon types and party members to overcome your foes in epic turn-based combat.
Type: Mobile/Browser MMORPG
Release Date: March 10, 2014
Pros: +Huge playerbase. +Great music and art. +Over 40 classes. +Fully voice acted campaign. +Generous gacha pulls.
Cons: -Repetitive gameplay.
Granblue Fantasy Overview
Granblue Fantasy is a free-to-play 2D browser and mobile MMORPG with hero collector elements developed by Cygames. The game features a huge cast of characters for players to recruit, each of which has superb Japanese voice acting. The combat is what players would expect from a J-RPG: Flashy spells, a type-based damage system, summons, and limit breaks (known as Charge Attacks). Additionally players can group up to take on massive raid bosses in real-time, requiring strategic use of skills and party composition to defeat.
Granblue Fantasy Key Features:
- Build your Dream Team - obtain rare weapons from loot boxes to unlock new party members with unique abilities and elemental affinities.
- Story Mode - collect map fragments and recruit new followers to find the mystical island of Estalucia in the games fully voice-acted campaign.
- Summon Sharing - borrow powerful summons from experienced players to help complete missions.
- Join a Crew – group up with other players and build an awesome airship together to gain combat bonuses and form private raid parties.
- Casino - test your luck at the casino and earn special tokens used to collect rare items, weapons and even summons.
- Real-time Multiplayer - form raid groups to take on difficult bosses with other players simultaneously.
Granblue Fantasy Screenshots
Granblue Fantasy Featured Video
Granblue Fantasy Review
Granblue Fantasy Videos
Granblue Fantasy System Requirements
Operating System: iOS 6.0 or later, Android 2.3 or later
Granblue Fantasy Music & Soundtrack
Granblue Fantasy Additional Information
Platforms: iOS, Android, Browser
Release Date (Japan): March 10, 2014
Release Date (Worldwide): March, 2016
Granblue Fantasy is developed by Cygames, known in the west for their work on Shadowverse, the popular digital card game similar to Hearthstone. The game features several breathtaking tracks by Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu as well as art and character designs by fellow Final Fantasy artist Hideo Minaba. The game was scheduled to receive an international release in March 2016, however Cygames opted to simply release an official English setting so that international players would not lose their data. The majority of unlocks in Granblue Fantasy are done via a gacha system where players spend in-game or real-world currency to open boxes that give players a random drop. After a player livestreamed himself spending nearly $6,000 to get a rare new character that was advertised to have a limited time "higher drop rate" the Japanese government grew concerned over the potential exploitation of players and imposed stricter rules on the industry.