Severed World is an upcoming 2D action MMORPG that combines colorful pixel art with arcade-inspired gameplay set in an immersive fantasy world. Enter challenging dungeons with multiple difficulty levels, home to fearsome bosses with distinct attacks and strategies.
|Publisher: Pixel Realms
PvP: MOBA / Guild Raids / Duels
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Multiple difficulty levels. +Tons of items to craft. +Arcade-inspired boss battles. +Multiple PvP modes.
Cons: -No release date yet. -Berserker class Kickstarter only. -Generic gameplay.
Severed World Overview
Severed World is an upcoming buy-to-play 2D action MMORPG that will be available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile. The game channels legendary retro games such as The Legend of Zelda and Secret of Mana, mixing colorful pixel art with arcade-inspired dungeon crawling and exploration. Bosses in Severed World aren't straightforward tank-and-spank fights, instead requiring players to rely on their skill and response time to defeat enemies. Players can pick from three dungeon difficulty modes that include: normal, hard, and extreme, each offering increasingly better rewards. Pick one of four classes that include: Assassin, Summoner, and the Kickstarter-exclusive Berserker, each with their own skill trees and equipment. Visit six towns and follow quest lines in an open world to experience cultures inspired by Medieval Europe, Feudal Japan, and the Viking Era. The game also offers a variety of PvP modes, a crafting system, guild vs. guild PvP, non-linear spell trees, and upgrade-able companions that can accompany you into dungeons.
Severed World Key Features:
- Arcade-Inspired Gameplay – experience challenging, skill-based combat that relies more on your response time than your stats.
- Explore a Colorful World – trek across the game's world and experience a variety of cultures and towns inspired by Medieval Europe, Feudal Japan, and the Viking Era.
- Scaling Dungeon Difficulty – choose from three dungeon difficulties and replay dungeons dozens of time in search of the best loot.
- Variety of PvP Modes – go face-to-face on a team with up to five players in MOBA-style combat, join your guild and conquer castles found out in the game's map, or duel your friends and foes one-on-one.
- Four Playable Classes – play one of four classes with their own spell tree, including: Assassin, Summoner, Enchanter, and Berserker.
Severed World Screenshots
Severed World Featured Video
Severed World Review
Severed World Videos
Severed World Online Links
Severed World System Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
CPU: Intel i3 2.2GHz or better
Video Card: Any Graphics Card (Integrated works well too)
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB
Severed World Music & Soundtrack
Severed World Additional Information
Developer: Pixel Realms
Steam Greenlight Date: May 25, 2015
Kickstarter Launch Date: May 26, 2015
Kickstarter End Date: June 25, 2015
Open Beta Date: TBA
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
Severed World is being developed by Pixel Realms, a small indie development team of four brought together by the development of Severed World. The game was posted to Steam Greenlight on May 25, 2015, and the game's Kickstarter was launched on May 26, 2015, showing six months of progress on the game, asking for £10,000 as a funding goal. Unfortunately, the game did not raise its intended amount, raising only £4,644 by its end date of June 25, 2015. Development on the game has not stopped, however, and its developers are seeking to release a second Kickstarter after launching their open beta.