Angeldust is a free-to-play sandbox MMORPG with destructible environments, endless building potential, and four playable character classes. Explore different biomes, fighting monstrous foes and collecting treasure.
|Publisher: Metagaming B.V.
Release Date: October 12, 2015
Pros: +Multiple playable classes. +Sandbox building. +Various biomes to explore.
Cons: -Lacking in content. -Slow-paced gameplay. -Voice acting sometimes repetitive.
Angeldust is a free-to-play sandbox MMORPG available cross-platform between mobile, Mac, and PC devices. Swap between the game's four classes: builder, fighter, scout, and sorceress, and begin exploring the wilderness to gather coins, resources, and treasure. Upon beginning the game players spawn in a pre-assigned plot of land that allows them to build a home using materials found around the world. The game features first-person and third-person cameras and a unique combination of 3D environments with cartoony 2D character artwork to bring the game to life. Using the telecharger, players can teleport freely from their home point to saved locations and to active users on their friends list. Purchase a variety of building materials, weapons, and upgrades from the game shop using currency found from exploration and defeating monsters that can help players build the house of their dreams. Fight alone or with friends and explore the massive world, including over twenty different biomes and over 200 levels of difficulty.
Angeldust Key Features:
- Sandbox Exploration – explore a massive world filled with different flora and fauna to collect and dominate, finding treasures along the way.
- Solo and Cooperative Play – play solo and take on the game's large world as one of the game's four classes, or join up with friends to take on greater challenges and push further into the unknown.
- Construct Your Own Home – create a home from the ground up, using materials acquired from the game's shop and from the outside world, expanding it as you increase in wealth.
- Four Playable Classes – choose between Builder, Sorceress, Scout, and Fighter, each with separate weapon sets and skills, then swap freely between them as you see fit.
- Over Twenty Distinct Landscapes – adventure through areas filled with ferocious creatures and unique blocks, including Marble Hills, Snowy Mounds, Floating Sands, and more.
Angeldust Featured Video
Angeldust Online Links
Angeldust System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP / Mac OSX 10.6 / Ubuntu 14.04 or better
CPU: 1.0 GHz
Video Card: 32MB VRAM, OpenGL compatible
RAM: 128 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 256 MB
Minimum Mobile Requirements:
Operating System: Android 2.3.3 or later / iOS 6.1 or later
Angeldust Music & Soundtrack
Angeldust Additional Information
Developer: Frank Lucas
Publisher: Metagaming B.V.
Release Date: October 12, 2015
Steam Greenlight Date: January 9, 2016
Early Access Date: November 18, 2016
Development History / Background:
Angeldust is developed by Frank Lucas and a team of developers, and published by Metagaming B.V., a Dutch game publisher startup. The game initially debuted on October 12, 2015 for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, and was posted to Steam's Greenlight program to eventually make it onto the Steam library. It was greenlit by fans on January 9, 2016, later launching its free-to-play Early Access on November 18, 2016. Seeking to broaden its player base and get more feedback, the developer hopes to gather information and put out updates for the duration of the Early Access period, launching fully within an estimated 3-6 months. The game will adopt a flat fee purchase once it is fully launched on Steam, avoiding the existence of micro-transactions, in-app purchases, or DLC. The game's primary developer, Frank Lucas, known as 'Firefly' in-game, hosts a daily live stream where he invites players to join him in various adventures while answering questions about the game.