Darkfall: Rise of Agon
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is a fantasy MMORPG that combines first-person combat, a dynamic sandbox environment, and PvP-oriented gameplay. Fight against thousands of players with full loot open PvP, taking part in epic sieges and naval battles.
|Publisher: Big Picture Games
Type: Fantasy MMORPG
Release Date: May 5, 2017
Pros: +Variety of playable races. +First and third person combat. +Skill-based progression.
Cons: -Requires subscription. -Learning curve. -Hardcore gameplay may not appeal to all.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Overview
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is a 3D subscription-based fantasy MMORPG that features fast-paced combat from the first and third person perspectives, focused on open world PvP. Join one of the game's two factions and enter the game's large world with no class restrictions. Rather than being limited to a single class and its skills, players dynamically level up their abilities depending on actions taken, allowing players to play as they want. The game's PvP is open throughout the world and features no safe zones aside from new player safety, making the game's universe a brutal and fearsome place where all loot drops upon death. An alignment system exists to give consequences to actions made in PvP, making players think twice about mindlessly ganking. Some of the game's other features include player-created buildings and cities, clans and clan territories, real-time skill-based combat, and player-driven economy.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Key Features:
- First and Third-Person Combat – fight against your enemies with non-targeted combat relying totally on player's ability to aim and time attacks.
- PvP-Focused Gameplay – enter a world where you drop your entire inventory upon death and wage war against the opposing faction for notoriety and loot.
- Skill-Based Progression – play as you like with no class restrictions, growing your character through your actions rather than by selecting an archetype.
- Build an Empire – create structures and form villages and cities with your allies, forming strategic alliances to conquer competitor's territories in siege warfare.
- Player-Driven Economy – open up a shop and trade with other players to sell and acquire goods, allowing players to set their own prices and terms.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Screenshots
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Featured Video
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Review
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Videos
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Online Links
Darkfall: Rise of Agon System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP or newer
Video Card: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or AMD Phenom II X2 or better
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Music & Soundtrack
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Additional Information
Developer: Big Picture Games
Publisher: Big Picture Games
Closed Alpha Date: April 8, 2016
Closed Beta Date: August 5, 2016
Release Date: May 5, 2017
Development History / Background:
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is developed and published by Big Picture Games, a game studio that acquired the rights to Darkfall from its original developer Adventurine. The original Darkfall game was released in 2009 and shut down in 2012, selling its license to two separate independent game studios, including Big Picture Games; Rise of Agon is one of two Darkfall sequels in development along with Darkfall: New Dawn. RoA's development began in 2015, opening a closed alpha test to interested players on April 8, 2016. The developers later launched a closed beta on August 5, 2016 with limited free access for players who wanted to try the game without paying. The game will require a monthly subscription fee at launch.