Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle is a 2D mobile match-three RPG where players tap on Ki Spheres to chain powerful elemental attacks with your team of fighters. Collect characters from the DBZ universe and train them to meet their fullest potential to create the ultimate team.
|Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Type: Mobile Puzzle/RPG
Release Date: July 16, 2015
Pros: +Easy to learn, hard to master. +Variety of characters from DBZ universe. +Affinities between characters.
Cons: -Pay-to-win elements. -Frequent loading times. -Gacha-style character summoning.
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Overview
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle is a free-to-play 2D match-three RPG available on iOS and Android platforms. The story begins when Trunks' Time Machine crash-lands on a planet where the series' timeline has been thrown into chaos, requiring players to fight its legion of iconic villains to secure victory and restore the universe to normal. Collect Dragon Stones to summon powerful fighters from across the DBZ universe and put them together in teams that make use of their elemental affinities, Link Skills, and more. Acquire an entire set of Dragon Balls and summon Shenron to grant a wish. The gameplay consists largely of traversing a board-game style map and taking on groups of enemies using Ki Spheres, which can be color matched for powerful attack combos. Strategically build a team and power through the different game modes, including story mode, events, and the World Tournament.
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Key Features:
- Collectible DBZ Heroes – summon a wide variety of heroes and villains from the DBZ universe, including Androids, Saiyans, Humans, and Gods.
- Unique Combat System – charge each character's attacks with strategic use of matching colored Ki Spheres for awesome and powerful attacks.
- Variety of Game Modes – fight through the game's story mode or participate in special challenging events for awesome rewards.
- World Tournament – compete against other players in tournament-style combat and reap the rewards of being high on the ranking boards.
- DBZ Universe – fight familiar villains with powerful heroes, meeting up with side characters from the series such as King Kai and Mr. Popo to help you along with your quest.
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Screenshots
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Featured Video
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Review
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Videos
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Online Links
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 and later, iOS 6.0 and later
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Music & Soundtrack
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle Additional Information
Developer: Akatsuki Inc.
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Android Release Date (Japan): January 30, 2015
iOS Release Date (Japan): February 19, 2015
Release Date (Worldwide): July 16, 2015
Development History / Background:
Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle is developed by Akatsuki Inc., a Japanese game developer known for mobile games such as Thousand Memories, Denno Pandemic, and more. The game was published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, a prominent entertainment company that publishes a wide variety of original and licensed content, including popular games such as Tekken, Dark Souls, and more. It was initially released in Japan on Android systems on January 30, 2015, later released for iOS on February 19, 2015. It made its way to the global app stores in English, French, Korean, and Chinese on July 16, 2015.