Dream of Mirror Online
Dream of Mirror Online, or DOMO for short, is a 3D anime inspired MMORPG based on Chinese mythology. DOMO has fifteen classes and allows players to switch between and level each of them independently with the same character.
|Publisher: Suba Games
Type: Anime MMORPG
Release Date: April 20, 2015
Pros: +Switch between all fifteen classes freely. +Low system requirements. +Multiple social/relationship features. +Flying mounts make travel easier.
Cons: -Dated user interface and gameplay elements. -Limited graphics options. -Bland background and terrain textures.
Dream of Mirror Online Overview
Dream of Mirror Online is a social MMORPG that combines anime inspired graphics with Chinese mythology. It is an easily accessible game with low system requirements but still offers a large degree of depth thanks to its class system. Players can switch between any of the classes upon reaching level 10 and must level each class independently.
Dream of Mirror Online Key Features:
- Switch Between Classes – level up each of the fifteen classes independently with a single character. Each class has two active and one passive skill tree.
- Build Lasting Relationships – DOMO encourages players to form a variety of relationships including romantic pairings that can lead to in-game marriage!
- Take Flight – travel faster and see more of the world on a variety of mounts including flying swords.
- Devil Seal Cards – use powerful cards to capture weakened monsters and summon them to fight on your side.
- Collection Skills – learn a variety of gathering and crafting skills including farming, fishing, forestry, herding, meditation, and mining.
Dream of Mirror Online Screenshots
Dream of Mirror Online Featured Video
Dream of Mirror Online Classes
Players start as Commoners and must wait until they reach level 10 to chose a Job. To switch between Jobs, players must speak with the Careers Adviser NPC. Each job has two active and one passive skill tree.
- Commoner - the starting class in DOMO. Commoners do not posses many job skills of their own but have the most secondary skill slots which makes them effective crafters and resource collectors.
- Blademaster - a melee fighter that relies on brute force. They wear light armor and are equipped with sabers. Blademasters can sacrifice health and defense to deal more damage.
Skill Trees: Bestial Attacks, Martyr Arts.
- Dancer - a frail class that can inflict AoE attacks and weakening effects. Dancers attack with fan weapons but are only armored with costumes which means they suffer from low defense.
Skill Trees: Fan Dancing, Different Dances.
- Doctor - one of the main support classes in DOMO. Doctor's buff, heal, and resurrect allies. They are equipped with robes and syringes which means they must rely on teammates for protection.
Skill Trees: Medical Treatment, Croakus Pocus.
- Fencer - combining physical and magical abilities, Fencers imbue their attacks with elemental powers. They are equipped with light armor and swords.
Skill Trees: Elemental Attacks, Targeted Attacks.
- Hunter - master archers equipped with cloth armor and bows. Hunters have the longest ranged attacks in the game, but must constantly purchase arrows.
Skill Trees: Archery, Hunter's Instincts.
- Martial Artist - the class with the highest HP and recovery rate. They have high physical and magical defense, despite their lack of armor. Armed with boxing gloves or a staff, Martial Artists are the Monks of DOMO.
Skill Trees: Power Attacks, Staff Attacks.
- Mercenary - the primary tank class. Mercenaries are armed with heavy armor, shields, and have many weapon types including: axe, spear, dagger, saber, and sword. They can taunt enemies to attack them rather than their allies.
Skill Trees: Ax Attacks, Spear Attacks.
- Merchant - the advanced crafting class. Merchants can use medicine on their allies and make special pet snacks to strengthen a pet's abilities. They are equipped with an abacus as a shield and are clearly are not primary a fighting class.
Skill Trees: Trade Secrets, Money Talks.
- Musician - a supportive class that plays soothing songs with musical instruments to buff allies. Their songs can increase HP/MP recovery, attack power, accuracy, and evasion of nearby players.
Skill Trees: Musical Magic, Pet Sounds.
- Shaman - a caster class that utilizes elemental magic as well as debuffs. They are armed with wands and wear robes which offer minimal protection. Shamans also possess several recovery rate buffs.
Skill Trees: Seasonal Magic, Nature Magic.
- Thief - Thieves have the highest evasion rate of any class and can steal rare items from monsters. While they can only wear cloth armor, Thieves deal heavy damage using quick daggers.
Skill Trees: Close Combat, Sneak Combat.
- Witch Doctor - casters who are experts in the use of poisons and voodoo. Masters of debuffs and DoT spells, Witch Doctors control and breed bugs that curse enemies or boost their owner's abilities. They equip robes and daggers.
Skill Trees: Poisoning, Blood Curse Poison.
- Wizard - a spellcaster class that uses scrolls. Wizards can attack from a distance and deal damage over large areas. They also possess movement speed altering buffs and debuffs. They are slower at casting and must purchase their scrolls which makes them a difficult class to pay.
Skill Trees: Scrollcasting, Spellcasting.
- Sorcerer - an advanced caster class reserved for those who have achieved high levels on both their Shaman and Wizard jobs already. This class is not yet available on the English language server yet.
Skill Trees: Sorcerer Spell of Five Elements, Puppet Control.
Dream of Mirror Online Review
Dream of Mirror Online Videos
Dream of Mirror Online Links
Dream of Mirror Online Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP SP 3 or newer
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 3 / ATI Radeon 8500
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB available space
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.40 GHz or better
RAM: 1 GB RAM or more
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 / ATI 9200 or better
Hard Disk Space: 4 GB available space
Dream of Mirror Online Music & Soundtrack
Dream of Mirror Online Additional Information
Publisher: Suba Games
Taiwan: September 9, 2005 (Joypark)
Thailand: October 7, 2007 (Goldensoft)
Europe: September 12, 2007
Japan: 2007 (Gamania)
North America: November 12, 2007 (Aeria Games) Shut Down: June 2012
North America Relaunch: April 20, 2015 (Suba Games)
Development History / Background:
Dream of Mirror Online is the second game in the Xuan-Yuan Sword series and was originally released as a subscription MMORPG. The game is based on Chinese mythology and takes place in region known as the Mirror World. DOMO has many social features which encourage players to build several kinds of relationships in-game including student-teacher, romantic pairs, and even marriages.
The original Western version of Dream of Mirror Online was closed after about five years in service, but was relaunched by Suba Games in 2015. The new publisher appealed to fans on Kickstarter and raised over $10,000 to help relaunch the MMORPG. The game was also Greenlit on Steam which means it will soon make an appearance on the popular PC gaming platform due to player demand.