GOCCO of War
GOCCO of War is a lighthearted online co-operative shooter in which children join a make-believe war based on a make-believe war children played a century ago.
|Publisher: AGM Playism
Type: MMO Shooter
Release Date: November 18, 2015
Pros: +Bright, colorful world. +Large amount of customization options. +Pick up and play gameplay.
Cons: -Only four players per mission and 32 players per lobby. -No PvP. -Only 21 quests. -30 FPS locked.
GOCCO of War Overview
GOCCO of War is a lighthearted, chibi shooter developed by the Japanese company peakvox and localized by AGM Playism. GOCCO stands for Global Online Chibi Combat Offensive and serves as the name of the game’s fictional attraction in which children wage make-believe war as children were said to a century ago. With nothing but a sword and an air-powered gun, players take on 21 quests with over 30 monster types that are standing in their way alongside a portion of the game’s 200 characters. Take on kids that don’t want to go home to keep them for causing more trouble with up to three other players. Along the way, players earn materials that allow them to create over 350 different garments. In between quests, players can socialize with up to 31 other players with both text and gesture-based communication.
GOCCO of War Key Features:
- Fun, lighthearted environment - from the bright, colorful graphics and chibi characters to the story about kids not wanting to go home, GOCCO of War is intended to be a fun, lighthearted game.
- Lobbies for 32 players - socialize with up to 31 other players using text and gesture-based communication before splitting off into groups of up-to-four to tackle the game’s quests.
- Twenty-one quests to tackle - fight your way through 21 levels and hordes of other kids in three levels of difficulty.
- Over 350 wearable garments - customize your character to your liking with over 250 garments that can be made out of over 60 different materials.
- Over 200 characters and 30 monsters - constantly face new enemies with over 200 characters and thirty monsters to fight.
GOCCO of War Screenshots
GOCCO of War Featured Video
GOCCO of War Review
GOCCO of War Videos
GOCCO of War Links
GOCCO of War System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10
CPU: Intel® Core i3-530 2.93 GHz
Video Card: nVidia GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon HD 6570
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
GOCCO of War Music & Soundtrack
GOCCO of War Additional Information
Publisher(s): AGM Playism
Game engine: In-house engine
Greenlight (added): December 11, 2014
Greenlight (greenlit): January 23, 2015
Steam Release Date: November 18, 2015
Development History / Background:
GOCCO of War was created by peakvox, a label for O-Two Inc and Fun-Unit Inc. The company had previously created various DSIWare, 3DS, Playstation Home, and mobile games. It is unknown exactly when development of GOCCO of War began, but the company first began discussing the game on December 11, 2014, when the Greenlight page was posted. It was later announced that AGM Playism would be localizing and publishing the game. GOCCO of War was greenlit on January 23, 2015 before being released ten months later on November 18, 2015.