Hired Ops is an upcoming buy-to-play FPS where players become part of a conflict between rival mercenary groups battling across the globe. Play as one of four different classes, then pick weaponry and weapon modifications from the game's varied arsenal.
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Four playable classes. +Variety of game modes. +Over 100 weapons and 80 mods.
Cons: -No release date announced. -Limited information available.
Hired Ops Overview
Hired Ops is an upcoming buy-to-play FPS that was originally known as Contract Wars Standalone, a port of the original Contract Wars for Steam. While keeping the fundamental gameplay and universe, it is an independent game from its predecessor, featuring a re-balanced game system, sprinting, new game modes, building your own base, and more. It features five playable mercenary classes that allow players to acquire unique skills through the multi-path skill tree, enabling players to fine-tune their character to suit their playstyle. A variety of gameplay modes are available including point assaults, search and destroy, night ops, and deathmatch set across a variety of global maps in areas such as railway stations, abandoned villages, offices, and more. In line with the game's mercenary theme players take on contracts and get assigned reputations within their factions, and are able to build their own bases for their clan which allows players access to new contracts, special weapons, and special clan skills.
Hired Ops Key Features:
- Variety of Gameplay Modes – engage in assaults of fortified areas, search and destroy missions, stealthy night ops, elimination mode, and a competitive hardcore mode that delivers realistic wounds and injuries that affect gameplay.
- Take on Contracts – pick contracts and carry out difficult tasks to increase your reputation, allowing you to earn vast amounts of cash and place on the ranking boards among friends and foes.
- Four Playable Classes – take control of four distinct classes, each offering multi-path skill trees that allow players to specialize in covert stealth kills, all-out destruction, or something in-between.
- Large Weapon Arsenal – choose from over a hundred distinct weapons, based on modern small arms, then modify them with over 80 different modifications to customize them to your liking.
- Clans and Clan Bases – join a clan with other players under the flag of your chosen faction, and build a base for upgrading special clan skills, accessing clan contracts, and a variety of unique weapons, modules, and camouflages.
Hired Ops Screenshots
Hired Ops Featured Video
Hired Ops Review
Hired Ops Videos
Hired Ops Online Links
Hired Ops System Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
CPU: Dual Core 2.0 GHz
Video Card: At least 512 MB VRAM and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with Pixel Shader 3.0 support.
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 /10
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (GTX 760) / AMD Radeon HD 7970 (R9, 280x 2 GB VRAM) or better
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
Hired Ops Music & Soundtrack
Hired Ops Additional Information
Game Engine: Unity
Announcement Date: May 2015
Teaser Website Date: September 19, 2016
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
Hired Ops, originally known as Contract Wars Standalone, is developed and published by AbsolutSoft, a Russian game developer and publisher known for the browser-based FPS, Contract Wars. The game notably takes place in the same Russia 2028 setting as the upcoming Escape From Tarkov, although the developers of each game are not connected to each other directly. The game was originally announced as Contract Wars Standalone in May 2015 as a Steam port of the browser game Contract Wars. After deciding to make a variety of additions to the game, the developers renamed it Hired Ops and consider it a separate game from Contract Wars. The game re-surfaced as Hired Ops on September 19, 2016 and is set to cost $9.99 for purchase once the game is released. There is currently no announcement regarding a release date.