KanColle is a 2D browser simulation MMO where players raise and command a fleet of naval warships represented by anime girls. Lead your fleet girls into combat, equipping them with customizable weapons, skills, and stats to create a powerful team.
Type: Browser Simulation
Release Date: December 9, 2016
Pros: +Cute anime artwork. +Variety of girls to build. +Multiple weapons and skills.
Cons: -Pay-to-win elements. -Automated gameplay. -Rip-off of Kantai Collection.
KanColle is an unlicensed free-to-play browser-based MMO simulation game that heavily borrows gameplay elements and artwork from Kantai Collection, which is also known as KanColle. Player takes the role of admiral over a fleet of naval warships that are represented by anime girls, each with their own stats and abilities. Each girl has two portraits, one for when her health is at maximum and another featuring ripped clothing and a different expression for when she has taken damage. Players can acquire new fleet girls by completing quests, finishing instances, or building girls from raw materials, which can then be synthesized or recycled to power up other girls, or to gain resources. The game's combat is primarily automated. The only player input allowed is the formation decided at the beginning of each stage that offers benefits for different formation shapes. Move through the game's campaign mode, fighting powerful bosses and navigating through the dangerous seas to free the world from the reign of the evil Abyssal Fleet.
KanColle Key Features:
- Multiple Ship Classes – recruit girls of multiple ship classes each with their own strengths and weaknesses, including: Destroyer (DD), Light Cruiser (CL), and Battleship (BB).
- Wide Variety of Recruitable Girls – build and collect girls all with unique art styles, looks, personalities, stats, and skills to create your fleet.
- Ranking Board – work to top the ranked boards for having the highest character level, arena ranking, and level ranking for awesome rewards.
- Customizable Ships – build new ships out of raw materials and customize them with crafted equipment and trainable skills.
- Arena Mode – enter the game's PvP arena at level 9 to test your fleet against other players' setups and win awesome rewards for victory.
KanColle Featured Video
KanColle System Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 / OSX
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Equivalent
Video Card: Any Graphics Card (Integrated works well too)
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB (Cache)
KanColle is a browser-based MMO and will run smoothly on most PCs, as it is Flash-based. Any modern web browser should run the game smoothly, though the developers recommend Chrome for the best experience. It features hardware acceleration and multiple graphic settings that cater to most computer setups.
KanColle Music & Soundtrack
KanColle Additional Information
Closed Alpha Date: January 28, 2016 to February 5, 2016
Closed Beta Date: December 2, 2016 to December 8, 2016
Open Beta Date: December 9, 2016
Development History / Background:
KanColle is published by GoGames, a game publisher notable for hosting unlicensed games for the English-speaking audience, such as One Piece Ultimate War and Bleach. KanColle is an unlicensed game that borrows heavily from the popular Kantai Collection game, and was initially released on January 28, 2016 in a closed alpha. The alpha closed down on February 5, 2016, later re-opening into a closed beta on December 2, 2016. The game finally went to open beta on December 9, 2016.