Of Kings and Men
Of Kings and Men is a medieval open-world sandbox MMO where players can choose to engage in epic wars, explore and conquer lands, and build a feudal city.
|Publisher: Green Man Gaming
Type: Sandbox MMO
Release Date: August 2016
Shut Down Date: December 20, 2017
Pros: +Various PvP modes. +History of the world is written by players' wars and politics. +Extensive modding available.
Cons: -Limited information available.
Of Kings and Men Overview
Of Kings and Men is a medieval open-world sandbox MMO developed by Warlock Wireless (aka Donkeycrew) and published by Green Man Gaming. It was formerly known as Melee: Battlegrounds and is what the developers call the "spiritual" sequel to another one of their games, Mount and Blade Warband. Of Kings and Men features a giant persistent world where players form and shape the land. Forage and collect resources, conquer territory, and build outposts, villages, and cities. Engage in a variety of PvP options, from 1v1 duels to massive 200-player wars. Other modes include Team Deathmatch, Conquest, and Instant Battle. Join a faction and work together to defend territory, pool resources, and fight for a purpose. Be a part of the history in Of Kings and Men, where players' wars and politics will shape the game world. Mod anything you'd like to add or edit the game, which is developed on a custom engine for just Of Kings and Men. Other features include skill trees, a deep pool of gear, and siege weapons.
Of Kings and Men Key Features:
- Various PvP Modes – pick from a variety of PvP options, from 1v1 duels to giant 200-player wars.
- Explore a Giant World – Of Kings and Men has a giant persistent world where players shape and form the world. Build an outpost, which could eventually become a feudal city.
- Be a Part of History – the wars and politics that players engage in will make the history of the game world. Be a part of the epic tale and carve a place for yourself.
- Join a Faction – fight for a purpose with friends, defending territories and engaging in warfare to take down those who oppose you.
- Mod Anything – the developers are proud to present their own custom engine that players can mod to create anything to add to the game.
Of Kings and Men Screenshots
Of Kings and Men Featured Video
Of Kings and Men Review
Of Kings and Men Videos
Of Kings and Men Links
Of Kings and Men System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz or Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR3
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: TBA
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Of Kings and Men. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Of Kings and Men Music & Soundtrack
Of Kings and Men Additional Information
Developer(s): Warlock Wireless (aka Donkeycrew)
Publisher(s): Green Man Gaming
Game Engine: Custom in-house
Early Access Release Date: August 2016
Shut Down Date: December 20, 2017
Development History / Background:
Of Kings and Men is a medieval open-world sandbox MMO developed and published by Warlock Wireless (aka Donkeycrew). The game was formerly titled Melee: Backgrounds, and is the what the developers call the "spiritual" successor to another one of their games, Mount and Blade Warband. Of Kings and Men is set to hit early access in August 2016.