Star Sonata 2
Star Sonata 2 is a space-themed top-down MMO that combines elements of action, RPG, and empire creation. Explore the game's sandbox style universe and build persistent bases with trade routes and military forces, working towards becoming the Emperor of the universe.
|Publisher: Landauer Games
Type: Space Simulation MMO
Release Date: November 12, 2011
Pros: +Easy-to-learn, hard to master. +Massive PvP battles. +Sandbox universe. +Tons of customization.
Cons: -Paywall on certain content. -Retro-style controls. -Bare UI.
Star Sonata 2 Overview
Star Sonata 2 is a top-down action-based space simulator MMO that features free-to-play content as well as an optional subscription and pay-as-you-go content that allows unlimited access to trade skills, exploration, and PvP content. Control your ship manually, using the game's RTS-style controls to create and control drone ships and dodge lasers and missiles in real time. Build your empire in the game's sandbox world by taking over and building up colonies and bases, establishing trade routes with robotic slave ships give you a foothold in the universe and allow you to contest the title of Emperor of the Universe. The game's universe resets every 3-4 months, creating new conflicts where borders had been settled, giving the game an endless battle for the title of Emperor. Equip a wide variety of skills and customization options that include eight classes, four trade skills, stat increasing skills, and over 250 player-obtainable ships available, making every player's build unique.
Star Sonata 2 Key Features:
- Sandbox Universe – enter a massive world with persistent bases populated by all of the players of the game, with no regional servers to separate players.
- Action-Based Combat – duke it out in dogfights against enemy AI and players, using WASD to control your ship, shoot bullets, and dodge enemy attacks.
- Variety of Customization – play as eight different classes and gain access to four trade skills, over 100 stat increasing skills, and over 250 fully customizable ships.
- Become Emperor of the Universe – attain the number one game goal by becoming the Emperor of the Universe and defend your palace successfully against other players' attacks until the end of the universe.
- Build an Empire – manage colonies, build bases, deploy defensive drones, and establish trade routes and gain a foothold in your region of space until the universe resets, happening every 3-4 months.
Star Sonata 2 Screenshots
no images were found
Star Sonata 2 Featured Video
Star Sonata 2 Review
Star Sonata 2 Videos
Star Sonata 2 System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP
Video Card: Any card with DirectX 9.0c
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Star Sonata 2 Music & Soundtrack
Star Sonata 2 Additional Information
Developer: Landauer Games
Publisher: Landauer Games
Open Beta Date: August 2011
Release Date: November 12, 2011
Release Date (Steam): Fall 2016
Development History / Background:
Star Sonata 2 is developed and published by Landauer Games, creators of the first Star Sonata game released in October 2004. The first game's development continued from 2004 to 2011 with new features and content being added every few months. In 2011, the developers shifted their focus to the second game and opened beta signups in August 2011. The game was eventually released on November 12, 2011 and improved upon the original with 3D graphics and massive user interface improvements. The game is continually being developed and is heading to Steam in Fall 2016.