Cast and Conquer
Cast & Conquer is a strategic card MMO that features over 1000 cards to collect. Players collect cards and summon them to a line-based battlefield, which requires more strategy than many auto-battling card games available on mobile platforms.
|Publisher: R2 Games
Type: Mobile Card Game
Release Date: March 14, 2014
Pros: +Multiplayer team-card battles. +Co-op dungeons. +Single-player campaign.
Cons: -Pay to win elements. -Stamina system limiting.
Cast & Conquer Overview
Cast & Conquer is a mobile card MMO available for iOS and Android, unique for its implementation of the line-based card battling that are featured in games like Summoner’s Legion, as well as its inclusion of multiplayer team card battles. Rather than drawing cards that are played automatically like many card mobile titles, players must strategically place their available cards on one of three lines that exist in the battlefield to counter the enemy’s setup. Cards, once placed, turn into a 3D avatar and move across the battlefield automatically, attacking, healing, and defending in accordance with their abilities. The ultimate goal is to take the opponent’s health points to zero, which can only be done by units within range of the enemy’s avatar. Much of Cast & Conquer's gameplay and artwork appears to be inspired by Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering, which will likely interest players looking for a card game with strategy-inspired elements.
Cast & Conquer Key Features:
- Over 1000 Cards – The possibilities are endless in deck-building, as the game features over 1000 unlockable cards that can be dissolved and empowered to create even more powerful cards.
- 4 Playable Classes – Pick from four unique classes (Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Priest) that feature their own abilities, such as the ability to cast Fireballs on the enemy team or Heal your troops.
- Single Player Campaign – Travel through the game’s large world map and conquer foes for experience and loot.
- Multiplayer Dungeons – Team up with friends and strangers, or go it alone as you farm dungeons for loot while your single-player stamina replenishes.
- PvP Arenas – Set up a defensive deck and guard against player attacks, and attack players in your ranking for Honor points and ranking upgrades.
Cast & Conquer Screenshots
Cast & Conquer Featured Video
Cast & Conquer Review
Cast & Conquer Videos
Cast & Conquer Online Links
Cast & Conquer System Requirements
Operating System: Android 2.2 and later, iOS 6.0 or later
Cast & Conquer Music & Soundtrack
Cast & Conquer Additional Information
Developer: R2 Games
Platforms: Android and iOS
Release Date: March 14, 2014 (Worldwide)
Development History / Background:
Cast & Conquer was developed by Chinese game developer R2 Games and published globally through the iOS and Android markets. Cast & Conquer is a CCG MMO meant to capitalize on the popularity of the genre after Hearthstone was launched. The game was released in the West on March 14, 2014 and is available globally without IP restrictions. Summoner's Legion was later released by R2 Games in 2015 as a new game for browsers, based on the precedent that Cast & Conquer set.