Dark and Light
Dark and Light is an upcoming sandbox MMO that features three player factions, a variety of playable races, classes, house and empire building, and more. The game is a reborn version of 2006's Dark and Light that was taken offline in 2008, and promises to be a "true" sandbox experience.
|Publisher: Snail Games
Type: Sandbox MMO
Release Date: Summer 2017
Pros: +Massive game world. +Variety of races and classes. +Three factions.
Cons: -Limited information. -Ambitious features.
Dark and Light Overview
Dark and Light is an upcoming sandbox MMO that covers an area of more than 40,000 square kilometers (or 15,000 square miles), 40+ times the size of World of Warcraft. It is the reborn version of a 2006's Dark and Light, and will offer many of the same features using Unreal Engine 4. The game offers a wide variety of content, including multiple classes that span both combat abilities and life skills, including typical RPG classes as well as jobs like blacksmithing and store ownership. One of the main features of the game is players' ability to build houses, which begin from empty plots of land and can be built into great kingdoms shared with other players.
Dark and Light Key Features:
- Expansive Game World – travel over 15,000 square miles worth of terrain, with tons of content to discover and land to claim.
- Variety of Playable Races – play as Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Gnomes, Halfings, Dragons, and more, each which choose one of three factions.
- Multiple Classes – choose between a variety of combat and profession classes that are customized by the player after testing out different abilities, weapons, and more.
- Build a Kingdom – earn a territory after achieving enough fame and invite your friends to build it together, starting from barren land and ending in a sprawling city.
- Controllable Vehicles – utilize a wide variety of vehicles that allow players to traverse the massive world, including dragons, aerial cable cars, paragliders, and more.
Dark and Light Screenshots
Dark and Light Featured Video
Dark and Light Review
Dark and Light Videos
Dark and Light Online Links
Dark and Light System Requirements
Minimum Requirements (Windows):
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Core i7-930 Quad 2.80GHz / Phenom II X6 1055T
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Dark and Light. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Dark and Light Music & Soundtrack
Dark and Light Additional Information
Developer: Snail Games
Publisher: Snail Games
Game Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Announcement Date: August 1, 2016
Release Date: 2017
Development History / Background:
Dark and Light, also known as Savage Horizon, is developed and published by Snail Games, a Chinese game developer known for games such as Taichi Panda and Age of Wushu. The history of the game dates back to 2004 when its impressively large world made it a notable game. It was released in 2006 by NPCube and Farlan Entertainment to negative reviews, eventually shutting down in 2008 with no official announcement regarding its shutdown. The game was purchased by Snail Games after its shutdown and began development anew in Unreal Engine 4, which was kept quiet until 2012 when a new teaser trailer was shown. After its 2012 trailer was released, no further information was announced until August 1, 2016 when the project was officially announced at ChinaJoy 2016. On March 14, 2016 the Dark and Light team announced that the game's Early Access release is pushed back until Summer, 2017.