Darkfall: New Dawn
Darkfall: New Dawn is one of the revival projects of the original Darkfall Online MMORPG. New Dawn features a large seamless game world where players can create their own empires.
Release Date: never launched
Pros: +Characters not limited by class parameters. +Emphasis on empire-building. +Large-scale PvP race wars.
Cons: -Abandoned by the developer.
Darkfall: New Dawn Overview
Darkfall: New Dawn is an MMORPG with sandbox elements and a heavy emphasis on PvP. It is one of the licensing projects seeking to revive Darkfall Online, but with the intention of "finishing a game that was never completed." Players will be able to choose a race and alignment in the world of Agon. Characters are not limited by classes, meaning that skills and abilities are not locked to a particular class. Grow strong and conquer lands to build an empire in a clan war system. Be part of the player-influenced and player-driven economy as a trader, harvester, or crafter. Engage in both PvP and PvE challenges, such as large-scale race wars, along with an extensive sandbox and loot system.
Darkfall: New Dawn Key Features:
- Reminiscent of Darkfall Online – fans of Darkfall Online will find much to enjoy and explore in Darkfall: New Dawn. The developers, huge fans of the original game, want to take the game to new heights.
- Classless Characters – characters are not limited by class when it comes to skills and abilities. Experience the freedom to forge a unique path.
- Build an Empire – with sandbox elements in a large seamless world, players can conquer land and build an empire through clan wars.
- Large-Scale PvP Race Wars – players can engage in giant battles with hundreds of players. Combat includes magic, archery, and melee.
- Player-Driven Economy – influence the game economy as a trader, harvester, or crafter in the markets for high-demand resources.
Darkfall: New Dawn Screenshots
Darkfall: New Dawn Featured Video
Darkfall: New Dawn Review
Darkfall: New Dawn Videos
Darkfall: New Dawn Links
Darkfall: New Dawn System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit
CPU: Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz or Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz
Video Card: GeForce GTS 450 or Radeon HD 6770
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Darkfall: New Dawn Music & Soundtrack
Darkfall: New Dawn Additional Information
Official License Date: February 2016 (from Aventurine)
Stress Test Release Date: June 28, 2016
Full Release Date: TBD
Development History / Background:
Darkfall: New Dawn is developed and published by Ub3rgames, a France-based gaming company. In 2012, Darkfall Online was indefinitely shutdown and two licensing projects commenced to revive Darkfall. One project is called Darkfall: Age of Agon (developed by Big Picture Games) and the second is called Darkfall: New Dawn. Both are headed by different companies. Ub3rgames is tackling this licensing project of the original Darkfall Online with the intention of not creating a sequel, but "finishing a game that was never completed." The game released for stress testing in June 2016 through a development server. After three weeks of free and open testing, the game resumed its subscription-based model while in this development server.