Darkstar Risen is a 3D action MMORPG on the browser where players join an immense battle against the Demon King, who broke out of imprisonment to conquer the world. As a descendant of one of the three warriors who imprisoned him, players become a Knight, Mage, or Archer to take part in the battle and save the world.
|Publisher: Proficient City
Type: Web MMORPG
Release Date: October 17, 2012
Pros: +Good visuals for a web MMORPG. +Lots of solo and multiplayer content. +Equippable Wings system.
Cons: -Pay-to-win elements. -Game largely plays itself with its built in AFK mode.
Darkstar Risen Overview
Darkstar Risen is a 3D action MMORPG that falls in line with many other browser-based MMORPG games, featuring an isometric perspective, combat skills, auto-route and auto-attack modes that are features similarly found in games like League of Angels and Stormthrone. Players begin the game by picking from three gender-locked classes, Knight, Mage and Archer, and can later unlock two more unique classes, Dark Knight and Magister, using the game’s premium currency. Aside from its more common browser MMORPG features, the game boasts impressive 3D graphics and effects, shining particularly in boss fights and in the game’s short cutscenes. Another unique feature of the game is it's upgradeable, equippable Wings system, allowing players access to unique class-specific abilities and a speedy mode of transit that takes the form of demon wings, butterfly wings, and more.
Darkstar Risen Key Features:
- Five Playable Classes – Knight, Mage and Archer available for free and two unique classes, Dark Knight and Magister, available for premium members.
- Variety of Game Modes – tons of way to level up and gain experience, from solo dungeons to world PvP battles.
- Auto-Play Mode – game features auto-routing and auto-battling that makes it easy to level up your character without requiring you to control your character.
- Wings – equip your character with upgradeable, class-specific wings that allow them access to unique abilities and quick transit.
- Impressive Graphics – using an isometric perspective, 3D graphics and effects with great boss fights and short cutscenes.
Darkstar Risen Screenshots
Darkstar Risen Featured Video
Darkstar Risen Review
Darkstar Risen Links
Darkstar Risen Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
CPU: Any 1 GHz of faster CPU
Video Card: Any Graphics Card (Integrated works well too)
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 150 MB
Darkstar Risen is a browser based MMO and will run smoothly on practically any PC. The game was tested and works well on Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox and Chrome. Any modern web-browser should run the game smoothly.
Darkstar Risen Additional Information
Developer: Proficient City
Publisher: Proficient City
Release Date: October 17, 2012
Development History / Background:
Darkstar Risen was developed by the Chinese MMORPG developer Proficient City - the same company that publishes Wartune, DDTank, Legend Knight, Sword Saga, and several other free to play browser games across the world.