Eco is an upcoming survival MMO where players team up to build civilization and prevent disasters, using natural resources from the fully simulated wilderness. Balance the progression of society with the health of the wilderness, with the ultimate goal of keeping the ecosystem thriving while preventing disasters with increasingly modern technology.
|Publisher: Strange Loop Games
Type: Simulation/Survival MMO
Release Date: January 2017
PvP: Justice System
Pros: +Realistic wilderness simulation. +Player-run economy. +City building.
Cons: -No release date yet.
Eco is an upcoming 3D voxel survival/simulation MMO that focuses on the balance of a thriving civilization and a healthy ecosystem. Players use finite resources from a fully simulated wilderness to construct a civilization with other players, where every decision affects the life of countless plant and animal species that reside within the game world. Strict consequences exist for the in-game world, including server-wide perma-death as well as a player-controlled justice system. Players can propose, discuss, and vote on laws to collectively work towards keeping the environment safe, and if those laws are broken the player is tagged as a criminal and can be sought out for punishment by other players. The game's player-run economy is also highly collaborative, as each player can only specialize in a limited amount of skills, making it important for players to interact and share materials to complete high-level goals.
Eco Key Features:
- Realistic Environment Simulation – enter a world with hundreds of plants and animals that interact and rely on each other in very specific, closely-related ways that can be affected by any action you make.
- Collaborative City-Building – create buildings with specific purposes that offer bonuses, such as a home that keeps you fed while you're logged off, or a bakery that provides a way to process resources into food.
- Justice System – collaborate on server-wide laws to the benefit of the whole world, then find and punish players who don't follow them.
- Player Skills – specialize in skills such as food harvesting, farming, and preparation to feed yourself and the players near you.
- Technology Research – to learn how to construct new buildings, food, or skills, players must perform research which requires trial-and-error to unlock new technologies that can be shared with anyone they wish.
Eco Featured Video
Eco Online Links
Eco System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz (Dual core recommended)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT / AMD Equivalent
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Eco. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Eco Music & Soundtrack
Eco Additional Information
Developer: Strange Loop Games
Kickstarter Launch: August 7, 2015
Alpha Release Date: November 23, 2015
Development History / Background:
Eco is developed and published by Strange Loop Games, a game developer whose team has over fifty years of experience in the game industry creating AAA titles and educational games. The game launched on Kickstarter with a goal of $100,000 on August 7, 2015, which they received on August 23, 2015, half-way through the campaign. By the end of the campaign on September 9, they raised $202,760 USD which meant that two stretch goals were added to the game: Land Ownership and the Player-Run Justice system. With a prototype already in-hand, their Alpha was released to backers two months after their Kickstarter success on November 23. The game is currently set to launch in January 2017.