Fistful of Frags
Fistful of Frags is a FPS that was developed as a Half-Life 2 mod for the Source engine. Players run around Wild West themed maps, trying to light up their enemies with a plethora of different weapons.
|Publisher: Fistful of Frags Team
Release Date: May 9, 2014
Pros: +Weapon accuracy nerf (makes it ridiculously hard to shoot). +Fun multiplayer modes. +Tons of weapons.
Cons: -No new maps/features to be developed. -Can bug out. -Weapons unbalanced.
Fistful of Frags Overview
Fistful of Frags (FoF) is a Wild West themed FPS that was developed as a Half-Life 2 mod for the Source engine in 2007. FoF features an unapologetic weapon accuracy nerf that makes it quite difficult to aim. Much like older games, players must stand still in order to shoot their target. There is an abundance of historic and downright silly weapons that are powerful yet very inaccurate, with customizable options of holding a primary/secondary weapon. FoF also has various game modes, from team death matches to dueling tournaments. Some modes require and reward money in-game, which can be used to purchase weapons (like CS:GO). Other features include co-op and single player missions, dual-wielding, and a ton of whiskey that heals the soul.
Fistful of Frags Key Features:
- Down that Whiskey – the game is very lighthearted, much like Team Fortress, with elements like drinking whiskey as health potions.
- Friggin' Hard to Aim – players must stand still to accurately hit their targets. This makes for entertaining gameplay, as it is both frustrating and amusing.
- Fun Team PvP Modes – from the common team deathmatch to unique modes like Break Bad (where it can be free-for-all), there are plenty of game modes.
- Quick Matches – hop from one game to the next, solo or with friends, and enjoy quick matches filled with a ton of action.
- Variety of Weapons – from brass knuckles to classic revolvers to bows, FoF has a ton of weapons for players to pick up and master.
Fistful of Frags Screenshots
Fistful of Frags Featured Video
Fistful of Frags Review
Fistful of Frags Videos
Fistful of Frags Links
Fistful of Frags System Requirements
Minimum Requirements (Windows):
Operating System: Windows Vista
CPU: Intel® Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1500 MB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 or nVidia GeForce 6 series
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB space
Minimum Requirements (Mac):
Operating System: MacOS X 10.7
CPU: Dual core Intel processor, 2GHz or better
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, ATI X1600 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB space
Fistful of Frags Music & Soundtrack
Fistful of Frags Additional Information
Developer(s): Fistful of Frags Team
Publisher(s): Fistful of Frags Team, Valve's Steam Service
Game Engine: Source
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Language(s): English, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese-Brazil
Initial Release as a Mod: 2007
Steam Release Date: May 9, 2014
Development History / Background:
Fistful of Frags is an FPS developed as a Half-Life 2 mod for the Source engine initially released in 2007. It was then re-released as a standalone via Valve's Steam service in May 2014. As a mod, Fistful of Frags was developed by a team of unpaid game developers who called themselves the Fistful of Frags Team. In January 2016, it was announced by one of the main developers that there would be no new modifications or maps.