Foxhole is a strategy action MMO where players are soldiers in a war-driven world. Work together to shoot down enemies, build trenches and defenses, and gather resources to win battles and impact the persistent never-ending war.
Type: Strategy & Action MMO
Release Date: Q4 2017
Pros: +Persistent war. +Sandbox elements. +Strategy needed for large-scale attacks. +Skill-based gameplay.
Cons: -Limited information available.
Become engulfed by player-driven warfare in Foxhole, a massively multiplayer game in a world that is constantly at war. Players are soldiers of warring factions that must work together to efficiently use resources, intel, and ammunition to gain the upper hand. Gather resources to craft defenses, buildings, and weapons to hold strategical points and territories. Plan and execute attacks during the day or night, using terrain, numbers, and recon to your advantage. Make a reputation for yourself by increasing notoriety, rising through the ranks within a faction. Even when offline, your soldier will continue to contribute to the faction's cause.
Foxhole Key Features:
- Player-Driven War – every soldier is a player's character; players sculpt the strategies and outcomes in this never-ending conflict.
- Sandbox Elements – gather resources to construct buildings, defenses, and weapons.
- Intel Needed – better weapons are not necessarily guarantees of victory. Players must gather intel through recon to solidify their chances.
- Day/Night Cycle – make use of the night for cover but beware, nighttime comes with limited visibility.
- Notoriety – make a name for yourself by rising through the ranks within a faction.
Foxhole Featured Video
Foxhole System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
CPU: Dual-Core 64-bit Intel or AMD processor, 2.0 GHZ CPU
Video Card: 1 GB DirectX 11 compatible video card
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Foxhole Music & Soundtrack
Foxhole Additional Information
Game Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Steam Greenlight Post Date: July 14, 2016
Steam Greenlight Award Date: July 21, 2016
Steam Release Date: Q4 2016
Development History / Background:
Foxhole is a strategy & action MMO developed and published by Clapfoot, a Canadian-based gaming company. Using the Unreal Engine 4, Foxhole was posted to Valve's Steam Greenlight and approved in July 2016 with a downloadable prototype available. A pre-early access version will be released in October 2016. A full release is anticipated for late 2016.