Happy Wars is a lighthearted action packed hack n slash MOBA game with hilarious art and dialogue. The game supports up to 30 players in a single game (15 vs 15) and features strategic gameplay with an emphasis on teamwork. Happy Wars is a game that can be easily picked up and learned, but takes time to master.
|Publisher: Microsoft Studios / Toylogic
Release Date: October 12, 2012 (NA/EU)
Pros: +Fast paced and fun gameplay. +Easy to pick up and learn. +Tons of items/cosmetics. +Unique gameplay.
Cons: -Minor balance issues. -Spell targeting can feel clumsy.
Happy Wars Overview
Happy Wars is a unique action oriented hack-n-slash MOBA game where players fight to capture their opponent's base or control more towers than their opponents when time runs out. Everything from the game's artstyle to dialogue conveys the game's lighthearted comedic nature. Despite the game's silly theme, Happy Wars is a game that requires teamwork and coordination to win. It plays like a typical MOBA, except with much quicker respawn times (~5-7 seconds), up to 30 players in a single game, and random abilities. Switch between classes and loadouts upon death and participate in whacky large scale battles. Happy Wars is a game that appeals to players of all ages and can easily be played in short bursts.
Happy Wars Key Features:
- Large scale battles - Play with up to 15 players on each team and battle across 12+ unique maps. Capture the enemy's base by ramming the gates with siege weapons or infiltrating it with ladders.
- Quick matches - Matches take no longer than 10 minutes. Win by either destroying the enemy's main tower (in their castle) or hold more towers than the enemy at the end of the round.
- Lots of customization - Hundreds of unique pieces of gear, all of which can be upgraded. Players get 3 loadouts per class and can switch between them at death.
- 6 Playable Classes - 3 starting basic classes (Warrior, Cleric, and Mage) and 3 unlockable classes (Berserker, Engineer, and Zephyr).
- Unique Skill System - Players can't choose new abilities as they level, instead gain a random one each level. Unique Team skills available which synergize with other players.
Happy Wars Screenshots
Happy Wars Featured Video
Happy Wars Review
Happy Wars Review Coming Soon!
Happy Wars Videos
Happy Wars Links
Happy Wars System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista or newer
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2 GHz / Athlon X2 or better
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT / Radeon HD 3870+
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
Happy Wars only lists minimum system requirements.
Happy Wars Music & Soundtrack
Happy Wars Additional Information
Platforms: Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Xbox Live: October 12, 2012
PC: July 23, 2014
Xbox One: April 24, 2015
Development History / Background:
Happy Wars is developed by the Japanese game studio Toylogic and originally released on the Xbox Live Arcade on October 12, 2012. After seeing some success on the Xbox, the game launched on the PC through Valve's Steam platform on July 23, 2014. It later launched on Xbox One on April 24, 2015. Toylogic continues to work on enhancing Happy Wars and is actively developing other games, such as Happy Dungeons.