Kingdom Hearts Union X
Kingdom Hearts Union X Cross is a 2D mobile RPG that is eighth installment in the Kingdom Hearts series. Play as a Keyblade wielder in one of five factions and fight for control of the remaining light left across the world, meeting familiar characters along the way.
|Publisher: Square Enix
Type: Mobile MMORPG
Release Date: April 7, 2016
Pros: +Accessible gameplay. +Variety of character customization. +Multiplayer dungeons.
Cons: -Overly simplistic combat. -Pay-to-win elements. -Repetitive gameplay.
Kingdom Hearts Union X Overview
Kingdom Hearts Union X[Cross] is a free-to-play 2D mobile RPG set in the Kingdom Hearts universe, taking place more than 100 years before the events of the main series. Create a character and join one of the five unions headed by the Keyblade masters, including: Anguis, Leopardos, Unicornis, Ursus, and Vulpeus. Play through the game's story and travel through different Disney worlds while collecting a variety of character medals for use in combat. Join up with friends in a party and take on high-level challenges in the game's Union Cross mode, allowing up to six players to fight enemies simultaneously. Fight Heartless with tap and swipe touch controls, utilizing your equipped medals to unleash a variety of special Keyblade attacks. The game features a variety of character customization, including multiple Keyblades, hundreds of upgrade-able character medals, avatar clothing, and the avatar board.
Kingdom Hearts Union X Key Features:
- Collectible Medals – purchase character medals from the game's shop, including heroes and villains such as Sora, Mickey, Sephiroth, and more, each with unique special attacks.
- Character Customization – create a character and customize their appearance using acquired clothing and hairstyles, which can be upgraded in the Avatar Boards to give additional bonuses.
- RPG Combat – make use of the game's touch controls to tap and swipe your way through the game's maps, fighting Heartless in a turn-based system based around your equipped medals.
- Real-time Multiplayer – queue up for arenas that pit you against 1-5 players or enter the battlefields for massive PvP battles.
- Kingdom Hearts Universe – enter a wide variety of multiplayer instances that include dungeons and raids, offering awesome rewards for completion.
Kingdom Hearts Union X Screenshots
Kingdom Hearts Union X Featured Video
Kingdom Hearts Union X Review
Kingdom Hearts Union X Videos
Kingdom Hearts Union X Online Links
Kingdom Hearts Union X System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 and later, iOS 8.0 and later
Kingdom Hearts Union X Music & Soundtrack
Kingdom Hearts Union X Additional Information
Developer: Square Enix, BitGroove Inc., Success, Disney Interactive
Publisher: Square Enix
Browser Release Date (Japan): July 18, 2013
Release Date (Japan): September 3, 2015
Release Date (NA): April 7, 2016
Union X Re-Launch: April 6, 2017
Development History / Background:
Kingdom Hearts Union X[Cross] is developed by Square Enix, as well as companies BitGroove Inc., Success, and Disney Interactive, and is published by Square Enix. The game was co-directed by Tetsuya Nomura, one of the series creators, and Tatsuya Kando, director of DS game The World Ends With You, and its music was composed by Yoko Shimomura, a regular contributor to the Kingdom Hearts series.
The game was originally created as a browser game and was eventually ported to mobile platforms in a more casual form. It was first released on browser in Japan on July 18, 2013 under the name Kingdom Hearts X. Its mobile version first surfaced in Japan on September 3, 2015 under the title Kingdom Hearts Unchained X with significantly shorter and easier battling than its predecessor. The mobile version was released in North America on April 7, 2016. A year after its initial release, the game re-launched with a new subtitle: Union X[Cross] on April 6, 2017 with the addition of a brand new Union Cross multiplayer game mode.