MapleBlitzX is a mobile strategy MMO where players defend their tower from an onslaught of enemies by summoning monsters and casting spells. Take control of four distinct characters inspired by the MapleStory series that offer different cards for use in battle.
Type: Mobile Strategy RPG
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Multiple character classes. +Many cards to collect. +Strategic battles.
Cons: -Limited information available. -No release date announced. -Western release not confirmed.
MapleBlitzX is an upcoming free-to-play 3D mobile strategy RPG, and the latest addition to the MapleStory franchise, featuring chibified characters, RPG-style spells, and cute monsters. It features gameplay similar to Clash Royale, as the goal is to attack and defend towers using three lanes of auto-attacking monsters. Control four distinct characters who offer unique spells that help give a strategic edge over the opponent. Summon monsters to defend lanes and deal damage to the enemy tower while protecting your own tower with the help of spell cards.
MapleBlitzX Key Features:
- Strategic Gameplay – choose your characters and summon monsters wisely to oppose your opponent's team and crush their base.
- Four Distinct Characters – play as four unique characters, each offering three spells that allow you to devastate the battlefield and power up your own monsters.
- Tower Defense – utilize offensive and defensive monsters to keep your lanes balanced, pushing towards the enemy to lower the health of their base.
- Variety of Monsters – collect a huge variety of monsters from the MapleStory games and summon them to the game field to secure victory.
- In-Depth Card System – collect and level up cards for use in combat, offering a wide variety of strategic approaches to victory.
MapleBlitzX Featured Video
MapleBlitzX Online Links
MapleBlitzX System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.0 or later / iOS 6.0 or later
Official system requirements have not yet been released for MapleBlitzX. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
MapleBlitzX Music & Soundtrack
MapleBlitzX Additional Information
Korean Title: 메이플블리츠X
Platforms: iOS, Android
Announcement Date: February 3, 2016
Closed Beta Test: August 9, 2016 to August 15, 2016
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
MapleBlitzX is developed and published by Nexon, publisher of the popular MapleStory series and Mabinogi. The game is one of many MapleStory spin-offs and is the third MapleStory game on mobile, coming after Pocket MapleStory and MapleStory M. It is notable for straying from the game's core sidescrolling action gameplay, instead opting for a strategic tower defense-style game. It was announced on February 3, 2016 as Project MNP and was formally revealed with the title MapleBlitzX after the dates for its closed beta were released. Its South Korean closed beta test began on August 9, 2016 and ended on August 15, 2016. The game has no official release date and there is no word on an international release. The game has been shut down before a global release was announced.