Meadow is a sandbox MMO that invites players to explore a gorgeous landscape as a variety of playable animals. Communicate with other animals via specially created emotes, symbols, and sounds, and use your senses to discover and track other players.
|Publisher: Might and Delight
Type: Social MMO
Release Date: October 26, 2016
Pros: +Variety of playable animals. +Relaxing social gameplay. +Gorgeous graphics.
Cons: -Repetitive gameplay. -Optimization issues. -Few things to do.
Meadow is a buy-to-play sandbox MMO, described as "a forum in games clothing," that features animals and graphics from the developer's Shelter series of games. Choose from 9 different animals to play as in an open landscape that allows players to explore freely, either alone or with friends, similar to the gameplay of The Endless Forest by Tale of Tales. Rather than interacting with other players through text, animals communicate with each other through a variety of emotes, symbols, and sounds to convey thoughts and form relationships. Find other players using the game's tracking system, or venture out alone to explore the wilderness. Animals can be customized with over 60 skins and over 90 expressions and symbols to unlock, which is earned as players explore the game. Owning previous Shelter products allows players to unlock even more in-game content, including animals from the main games, new sound abilities from owning the soundtracks, 3D emotes from owning interactive books, and more.
Meadow Key Features:
- Sandbox Exploration – explore an open landscape with a variety of vistas to discover.
- Simplified Communication – interact with other animals through the use of over 90 emotes, symbols, and sounds, rather than communicating via text.
- Variety of Animals and Skins – unlock multiple animals from gameplay and from owning previous entries in the Shelter series, customizing their skin to make your animal unique.
- Animal Tracking – take advantage of the game's tracking system to track down other players and join them on their adventures throughout the game world.
- Gorgeous Graphics – enter a relaxing world detailed with uniquely textured models in the style of the Shelter series.
Meadow Featured Video
Meadow System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 / Mac OSX 10.8+/ Ubuntu 12.04 or better
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, ATI Radeon HD 2xxx, 2GB VRAM
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 2GB
Meadow Music & Soundtrack
Meadow Additional Information
Developer: Might and Delight
Publisher: Might and Delight
Release Date: October 26, 2016
Development History / Background:
Meadow is developed and published by Might and Delight, a small independent game studio interested in bringing artistic and carefully crafted interactive experiences to the game market. They have developed games such as Shelter, Pan-Pan, and The Blue Flamingo, each with unique artistic visions and gameplay. Meadow was developed as a relaxing social experience for fans of the Shelter games, including the same animals and graphics, as well as bonus content for owners of Shelter series games. It was released on Steam on October 26, 2016 and is continually updated with new animals, achievements, and more.