PVZ: Garden Warfare 2
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is an tower defense third-person shooter game where players take control of plants and zombies from the popular mobile game, Plants vs. Zombies. Pick from fourteen playable character classes that have a variety of unique abilities and roles that devastate foes and help allies.
|Publisher: Electronic Arts
Type: Tower Defense Shooter
PvP: Deathmatch / Base Capture / Capture the Flag
Release Date: February 23, 2016
Pros: +Fourteen character classes. +Tons of unlockables. +Single and multiplayer modes.
Cons: -Casual oriented. -Split-screen not available on PC version. -Gameplay overly similar to predecessor.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Overview
In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, also known as PvZGW2, the zombies have finally conquered the garden, and now it's up to the plants to go on the attack. It is the sequel to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, part of the popular Plants vs. Zombies franchise, featuring largely similar gameplay elements that include class-based abilities, third-person shooting, and many of the characters and abilities found in the first game. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 adds new classes, gameplay modes, and single player options to the game, such as Graveyard Ops, multiplayer co-op, single player vs. bots, and more.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Key Features:
- 12 vs. 12 Online Multiplayer – join up to 24 players in eight unique modes that cater to every playstyle.
- Solo Play, Co-op, and Split-screen – going beyond competitive multiplayer, the game offers solo play and co-op with friends against bots, as well as split-screen on PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
- 14 Playable Classes – play as one of the six new classes introduced to Garden Warfare 2, including: Captain Deadbeard, Citron, and Rose; or select one of the original eight classes from the first game.
- Variety of Game Modes and Maps – play eight different game modes on twelve unique maps, where you can defend your graveyard as zombies and attack as plants in Herbal Assault mode, or join an entirely different mode that allows for objective-based gameplay and team deathmatch.
- Backyard Battleground Hub Area – enter a neutral zone that serves as your personal base where you can edit character abilities and customization, choose quests, jump into multiplayer modes with friends, and more.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Screenshots
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Featured Video
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Review
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Videos
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Online Links
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA 8800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5750 or better
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 15 GB
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The requirements above are based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Music & Soundtrack
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Additional Information
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: PopCap Games
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
Game Engine: Frostbite 3
Open Beta Dates: January 14, 2016 to January 18, 2016
Release Date: February 23, 2016
Development History / Background:
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is being developed by PopCap Games, creator of the popular Plants vs. Zombies games, and is published by Electronic Arts. The game was originally revealed in Electronic Arts' annual earning reports as a new PvZ game, and a sequel to Garden Warfare was teased on June 8, 2015. A trailer for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 was presented at E3 2015, officially announcing the game. Another announcement regarding the game happened during Gamescom 2015 involving a Mass Effect mashup titled Grass Effect, allowing players who pre-ordered the game to unlock a Mass Effect-inspired mech suit for one of the game's new classes. The game went into open beta on January 14, 2016 to January 18, 2016 for both the PS4 and Xbox One, and is currently slated to release on all three platforms on February 23, 2016.