Pokémon Duel is a free-to-play mobile board game where players take six Pokemon and move them across a map of connected dots into their opponent's goal to win. Battle it out on the board and collect Pokémon.
Type: Mobile Board Game
Release Date: January 24, 2017
Pros: +Pokemon IP in unique board game format. +Collect various Pokemon. +Enhance Pokemon moves (hit chance and damage).
Cons: -Lots of bugs. -Long queue times for PvP matches. -Pay-to-win elements.
Pokémon Duel Overview
Exciting times await on Carmonte Island in Pokémon Duel, a free-to-play mobile board game. Collect Pokémon figures from Boosters and form teams of six to take into 1v1 turn-based matches. Move your Pokémon across a map of connected dots and into the opponent's goal before they reach yours to win (only one Pokémon has to make it into the goal). Meeting head-to-head with the enemy's Pokémon will trigger a battle, where Pokémon fight using Data Disks. Spin the Data Disk, which is divided into different moves and abilities, to attack. Strategically position Pokémon on the map to surround, block, or defend certain spaces. Enhance Pokémon to improve their Data Disks, reducing the chance of missing an attack and increasing the chance of landing one. Play through the PvE story campaign, practice in the Training Center to hone strategy, and compete against real opponents in PvP.
Pokémon Duel Key Features:
- Pokémon in a Board Game – the legendary franchise hits mobile platforms in the unique form of a board game.
- Gotta Collect 'Em All! – collect Pokémon figures from Boosters to form stronger teams of six.
- Spin to Win – each Pokémon has a Data Disk with special moves and abilities. Spin the disk to land an attack.
- Enhance Pokémon – level figures by fusing them with others and improve Data Disks to increase damage and hit chance.
- PvE and PvP – play through the PvE story campaign, practice in the Training Center, or fight against real opponents in competitive PvP.
Pokémon Duel Screenshots
Pokémon Duel Featured Video
Pokémon Duel Review
Pokémon Duel Videos
Pokémon Duel Links
Pokémon Duel System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.1/ iOS 7.0
Pokémon Duel Music & Soundtrack
Pokémon Duel Additional Information
Platform(s): iOS, Android
Language(s): English, Japanese
Japanese Android Release Date: April 12, 2016
Japanese iOS Release Date: April 19, 2016
Western Release Date: January 24, 2017
Development History / Background:
Pokémon Duel is a free-to-play mobile board game developed and published by the Japan-based Pokémon Company, under the parent company of Nintendo. The game was first released in Japan for mobile platforms in April 2016 under the title Pokémon Comaster. Pokémon Duel saw a Western release in January 2017 under the current title.