Rise as a champion against the evil Cane in Softnyx's free-to-play MMO Rakion. Fight in a fantastical 3D world in real-time, summoning creatures called Cells to fight alongside you.
Type: MMO Action and Strategy
Release Date: December 1, 2005
Pros: +RPG-leveling elements. +Fun combo-chaining battle system. +Extensive Cell summoning system.
Cons: -Limited character creation. -Pay-to-win end game.
Rakion is a free-to-play 3D fantasy MMO originally developed by NetCraft. The game is now maintained and published by the South Korean gaming company Softnyx, known for Gunbound. Create a character as a one of five different classes, featuring RPG-like elements such as leveling up and learning skills. Choose from seven different game modes, six of which are PvP, to test your skills and establish dominance. Certain game modes enable "chaos mode," where obtaining a certain number of kills in a battle allows characters to evolve/transform for a limited time. Battle in real-time and mash out combos, chaining attacks and abilities. Gain equipment to boost stats through real-world cash or through in-game currency. Rakion features a creature summoning system, called Cells, that can be leveled and are usually limited to 3 creatures per battle.
Rakion Key Features:
- Summon Cells – Cells are creatures that can be summoned in a battle, providing support and additional damage. Cells can leveled up and grow stronger as you progress.
- Various Game Modes – choose from the usual Team Deathmatch to unique modes like Boss War, where a randomly selected player on each team must be "killed/protected."
- RPG Leveling Elements – gain experience through each battle, leveling up your character and the number of Cells that can be summoned.
- Real-Time Battle – defeat enemies by pulling off flawless combos in real-time.
- Free-to-Play – there are no fees attached to play, and lots of gear in-game can be bought with farmable currency. Some gear is limited to premium currency.
Rakion Featured Video
Rakion System Requirements
Minimum Requirements (Windows):
Operating System: Windows 98
CPU: 800 MHz
Video Card: GeForce MX 4000/Radeon 9200
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
Recommended Requirements (Windows):
Operating System: Windows XP or higher
CPU: 2GHz or higher
Video Card: GeForce FX 5700+/Radeon 9600+
RAM: 512 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 1GB
Rakion Music & Soundtrack
Rakion Additional Information
Developer(s): Softnyx, NetCraft
Languages: English, Spanish
Closed Beta Release Date: August 2005
Open Beta Release Date: October 2005
Initial Release Date: December 1, 2005
Development History / Background:
Rakion is published by Softnyx, a South Korean gaming company most famously known for Gunbound. Rakion was originally developed by NetCraft, but is now maintained by Softnyx. Closed beta testing began in August of 2005. Open beta testing took place for two months, from October 2005, until its full release in December 2005.