Sins of a Dark Age
Sins of a Dark Age is a dark fantasy-themed MOBA with a unique hero customization system. Instead of fighting for pre-defined objectives, teams compete to complete quests throughout the map which grant them bonuses.
|Publisher: Ironclad Games
Release Date: May 8, 2015
Shut Down: March 30, 2016
Pros: +Good questing system. +Great hero customization system. +Good interface. +Unique glyph system.
Cons: -Steep learning curve. -Toxic community. -Development abandoned.
Sins of a Dark Age Overview
Sins of a Dark Age is a fantasy-themed MOBA developed by Ironclad Games, the same studio behind the strategy game "Sins of a Solar Empire." The game features traditional MOBA gameplay but with a unique spin on the genre. The game has a quest driven objective system as well as in-depth hero customization. With over twenty five playable heroes, the game is free-to-play and has multiple kinds of game modes. The game shut down for good on March 30, 2016.
Sins of a Dark Age Key Features:
- Over 25 playable heroes – all of which will always be free to play.
- Hero Abilities – each hero has 3 unique abilities, a passive, and can select 2 glyphs. Glyphs are additional abilities available to every hero and can also be leveled.
- Unique Quest-Driven Objectives – teams race to finish quests throughout the match. Quests are triggered after a predefined amount of time and winners receive both permanent and temporary bonuses.
- Hero Customization – heroes can be customized with treasures that boost various stats. Players can equip up to four pieces of equipment before a game begins.
- Various Game Modes – traditional 5v5 MOBA game mode available along with a faster paced 2v2/1v1 mode.
Sins of a Dark Age Screenshots
Sins of a Dark Age Featured Video
Sins of a Dark Age Review
Sins of a Dark Age Online full review coming soon...
Sins of a Dark Age Videos
Sins of a Dark Age Links
Sins of a Dark Age Official Site
Sins of a Dark Age Steam Page
Sins of a Dark Age Wikia [Database / Guides]
Sins of a Dark Age Gamepedia [Database / Guides]
Sins of a Dark Age Wikipedia
Sins of a Dark Age Subreddit
Sins of a Dark Age System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10
CPU: Intel or AMD 2.8 GHz
Video Card: Nvidia Any dedicated GPU with 512 MB VRAM
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Sins of a Dark Age only lists minimum system requirements.
Sins of a Dark Age Music & Soundtrack
Sins of a Dark Age Additional Information
Developer: Ironclad Games
Publisher(s): Ironclad Games, Steam
Game Engine: Iron Engine
Open Beta Date: March 17, 2014 (Early Access on Steam)
Shut Down: March 30, 2016
Development History / Background:
Sins of a Dark Age was developed by the Canadian game developed Ironclad Games, the same Ironclad Games known for developing Sins of a Solar Empire. The game is powered by the Iron Engine, a proprietary game engine used in both Sins of a Dark Age and Sins of a Solar Empire. Sins of a Dark Age was first announced on February 21, 2012 and the game entered into early access beta on March 17, 2014. Early access lasted about a year until the game officially launched on Steam on May 8, 2015. Like Strife and League of Legends, Sins of a Dark Age allows players to customize their heroes outside of the game, but instead of through runes/masteries or crafting, the game uses treasures and ability points. Sins of a Dark Age shut down on March 30, 2016.