SpellKnights is a third-person fantasy shooter that pits four knights who control the elements against each other in arena-style battles. Utilize the elements: water, fire, earth, and wind, to outsmart your opponent in combat and achieve victory.
Release Date: June 28, 2016
Pros: +Easy to learn, hard to master. +Strategic gameplay. +Character customization.
Cons: -Poor optimization. -Only two game modes. -No single player mode.
SpellKnights is a third-person multiplayer arena shooter that is centered around elemental strategy, eSports-focused competition, and mana management. Take control of a magical knight who controls the elements of Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind, and enter the game's multiple interactive arena stages to fight for dominance. The gameplay is focused on long-ranged elemental magic casting at enemy players, short-ranged melee fighting, and shield deployment on treacherous 4-person arenas. Be the only player alive in the 4-person last man standing mode, or join a team and fight against another team of two with a partner. Pick up a variety of power-ups and mana regenerating orbs across each map, giving you a strategic edge over slower players.
SpellKnights Key Features:
- Fantasy Shooter Combat – cast spells from the third-person perspective in an all-out duel between wizards.
- Arena Multiplayer – fight other players in a variety of uniquely themed arenas such as the Temple, the Cove, the Jail, and more.
- Elemental Strategy – strategically utilize water, fire, earth, and wind spells, and shields to outsmart your opponent while managing your mana usage.
- Character Customization – use a variety of character skins, weapon models, and banner emblems to stand out and prove your ability as strongest mage.
- Interactive Arenas – pick up mana regenerating orbs and unique power-ups, using jump boosts to navigate across each treacherous map.
SpellKnights Featured Video
SpellKnights System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit) or better
CPU: Dual-Core 2.0 GHz
RAM: 4000 MB
Graphics: DirectX10 comptabile with 1 GB VRAM
Hard Drive: 7GB
Operating System: Windows 8 or better
CPU: i5-3570k 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8000 MB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Hard Drive: 7GB
SpellKnights Music & Soundtrack
SpellKnights Additional Information
Developer: Mechanical Boss
Steam Greenlight Posting: January 30, 2016
Steam Greenlight Success: February 15, 2016
Kickstarter Launch: February 26, 2016
Kickstarter Failed: March 27, 2016
Release Date (Early Access): June 28, 2016
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
SpellKnights is developed by Mechanical Boss, a game developer located in Spain specializing in eSports games, and published by OGSeries, a competitive gaming platform focused on eSports and LAN gameplay. The game was developed in Unreal Engine 4 and was posted on Steam Greenlight on January 30, 2016, and was greenlit on February 15, 2016. The game ran a Kickstarter on February 26, 2016 asking for €10,000 to fund its servers. Raising only €1,330, the game's Kickstarter failed on March 27, 2016. It was released for Early Access on June 28, 2016 and is planned to launch fully with dedicated servers and a competitive mode within two months of its Early Access release.