Starbreak is a roguelike MMO action platformer where players explore strange sci-fi worlds, kill legions of aliens, and fight epic bosses. Enter thousands of unique procedurally-generated worlds as one of four character classes with distinct abilities, equipment, and playstyles.
|Publisher: Crunchy Games
Type: Action Platformer
Release Date: May 10, 2016
Pros: +Procedurally generated worlds. +Co-op multiplayer. +Skill-based gameplay.
Cons: -No PvP gameplay. -High learning curve.
Starbreak is an upcoming free-to-play roguelike action platformer with co-operative multiplayer created by one of the co-founders of Realm of the Mad God, Alexander Carobus. The game pits players against hordes of enemies, bosses, and dangerous levels that are procedurally generated in true roguelike fashion. Pick from one of four distinct classes, called Shells, which include: Wildfire, Duskwing, Ironclad, and Fabricator, which take on different roles within the game. Its fast-paced action gameplay is focused on skill, cooperation, and improvisation, with great loot rewards offered to players who meet the game's challenges. Visit and conquer more than seven diverse environments that are home to challenging enemies, unique loot, and hard-to-find secrets.
Starbreak Key Features:
- Four Shells – choose one of the game's four Shells, or classes, that include Wildfire,the game's long-range character; or Ironclad, a tanky character who inflicts and absorbs huge amounts of damage.
- Multiplayer Co-Op Focus – enter treacherous worlds that hinge on your team being attentive and skilled, requiring teamwork to face the game's challenges.
- Challenging Gameplay – jump, shoot, and fight your way through demanding levels that require well-timed jumps and attacks, or risk your character dying permanently.
- Procedurally Generated Worlds – never visit the same world twice, every time you re-enter, the world is completely reconfigured with new areas to explore.
- Tons of Items to Collect – collect over 200 unique items that drop from each of the game's unique environments, with variants that make very item even more special.
Starbreak Featured Video
Starbreak Online Links
Starbreak System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista or later
CPU: 800 MHz
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000, OpenGL support
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 512 MB
Starbreak is also available for both Mac OS X and SteamOS + Linux.
Starbreak Music & Soundtrack
Starbreak Additional Information
Developer: Crunchy Games
Open Beta Date: April 1, 2015
Steam Greenlight Posting: November 03, 2015
Steam Greenlight Approved: November 17, 2015
Release Date: May, 10 2016
Development History / Background:
Starbreak is developed and published by Crunchy Games, an indie game studio based in Mountain View, CA, with an interest in creating innovative MMO experiences for the web. The studio was founded by Alexander Carobus, the co-creator of the popular and unique MMO Realm of the Mad God. Starbreak was initially released on browsers on April 1, 2015 as an open beta to prepare players for the game's ultimate executable release created in C++. The game was greenlit on Steam on November 17, 2015 and subsequently released through Steam on May 10, 2016.