The Infinite Black
The Infinite Black is a free-to-play sci-fi MMO available on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS that features space combat and economics in a sandbox world. Hunt bounties, fight aliens, collect achievements, loot equipment, spy, trade, discover the universe, and more.
Release Date: August 2011
Pros: +Sandbox game world. +Friendly, active community. +Variety of weapons and ships. +Developer active in the game community.
Cons: -Simplistic visuals. -Slow-paced gameplay. -Appeals to more hardcore audience.
The Infinite Black Overview
The Infinite Black is a multi-platform sci-fi MMO focused on space combat, exploration, and alliance vs. alliance PvP. Rather than featuring flashy 3D graphics and animations, TIB approaches the sci-fi MMO with focus on depth rather than shiny artwork. Players begin the game with a simple shuttle-type ship based on the planet Earth, a hub where players can purchase new ships or acquire ones they've unlocked through leveling. Core gameplay takes part in the outer sectors, which increase in difficulty as the player moves away from Earth. Once players hit level 15 after grinding for experience and credits in the gray sectors, they move on to the black sectors which flag them for PvP. Much of the game's enjoyment comes from its strong community and the politics between alliances, backed by the Corporation and Alliance systems allowing players to band together under common interests to defeat rivaling Alliances in PvP.
The Infinite Black Key Features:
- Massive PvP Battles – take part in massive PvP battles against your foes spread out across the universe, using planning and tactics to secure wins.
- Ship Customization – collect a wide variety of ships and ship parts from farming, PvP, auctions, or starports for endless combinations of stats.
- Player-Run Alliances – join a corporation, the game's equivalent of a guild, and fly under the banner of an Alliance, a group of like-minded corporations that are ready to help new players, fight enemies in PvP, and root out spies.
- Hardcore Mode – create an account with hardcore mode ticked and start from level 0 in the middle of the dark sector with PvP turned on, then compete with other hardcore players to gain the most experience for awesome rewards daily.
- Active Community – interact with a strong, friendly community of gamers who are all familiar with each other's history in the game and are more than willing to help out new players.
The Infinite Black Screenshots
The Infinite Black Featured Video
The Infinite Black Review
The Infinite Black Videos
The Infinite Black Online Links
The Infinite Black System Requirements
Minimum Mobile Requirements:
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 or later / iOS 7.0 or later
Minimum PC Requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista / 7+ / OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) / Ubuntu 14.04 (recommended)
Video Card: Shader Model 2 1GB VRAM
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 110 MB
The Infinite Black Music & Soundtrack
The Infinite Black Additional Information
Platforms: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux
Release Date: August 2011
Release Date (Steam): September 2016
Development History / Background:
The Infinite Black is developed and published by Spellbook, an independent game development studio that creates free-to-play MMOs and RPGs for multiple platforms. The game's lead developer is known as Ozymandias, and often interacts with the community through the game's forums and the server-wide game chat. It was originally released in August 2011 when its first server, Red, launched. Four other servers have since been launched, each with its own slightly varying maps and sets of rules. The game is planned to release on Steam in September 2016.