TheWave is an upcoming cross-platform virtual reality MMO that allows its users to perform live musical shows in a virtual venue. Grab a virtual reality headset and manipulate music and graphics for a live audience.
|Publisher: The Wave VR Inc.
Type: Simulation MMO
Release Date: Fall 2016
Pros: +Perform music in 3D space. +Generate music and visuals simultaneously. +Experience musical shows internationally.
Cons: -Limited information available. -No concrete release date. -Expensive hardware required.
TheWave is an upcoming cross-platform virtual reality music MMO that brings musicians and fans together across the globe by allowing creators to perform virtual shows in 3D space. The software offers simultaneous music and visual creation, allowing creators to control the experience to great detail and put on unique audiovisual shows for fans. For fans, it offers a way to experience music unlike ever before, allowing music lovers to watch and participate in shows without having to travel to a venue. An added benefit of its virtual show feature is that fans can join their friends in enjoying music without being in the vicinity of each other, expanding a musician's reach globally.
TheWave Key Features:
- Virtual Reality Performance – put on a performance for your fans in virtual reality, allowing you to generate and customize visuals and sounds to your tastes.
- Worldwide Reach – view your favorite musicians' shows without leaving your home, allowing fans to watch performers more often.
- Customizable Tools – customize your setup for your preferred way of DJing or music creation, no traditional hardware necessary.
- Bright, Crisp Visuals – enter a bright, colorful world and customize your visuals completely to suit the sound of your music.
- Control Audio and Visual – simultaneously control audio and visual effects to create shows like never before.
TheWave Featured Video
TheWave System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/8 or later
CPU: i5 or better
Video Card: NVIDIA 970 or better
RAM: 8 GB
TheWave Music & Soundtrack
TheWave Additional Information
Developer: The Wave VR Inc.
Publisher: The Wave VR Inc.
Game Engine: Unity
Release Date: Fall 2016
Development History / Background:
TheWave is developed and published by The Wave VR Inc., an Austin-based tech startup backed by venture capitalists comprised of a team focused on music tech. The project is created in Unity and is one of the first projects developed for Unity that ventured into music tech. They secured a $2.5 million seed round of funding with a variety of VC firms on August 5, 2016, and aim to have it ready for release in Fall 2016. It was demonstrated in a live performance at GDC 2016 by the musician Grimecraft. It will be available on all major VR platforms.