Wizard Online is an upcoming virtual reality MMORPG set in a fantasy universe. Fight creatures with both a sword and staff, and fly across the landscape atop a broomstick or dragon.
|Publisher: Wizard Online
Type: VR MMORPG
Release Date: TBA 2016
Pros: +Supports multiple VR devices. +DirectX 12. +Motion controls.
Cons: -Limited information.
Wizard Online Overview
Wizard Online is an upcoming dark fantasy MMORPG developed for virtual reality devices. Wear an Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or Playstation VR to immerse yourself in a medieval universe. However, virtual reality is not mandatory to play the game. Combat is modeled after Lord of the Ring's Gandalf, equipping players with both a staff and sword. Use your actual hands to control your weapons through Motion Control devices such as Leap Motion Control. Band together with other players to topple vicious monsters threatening the game world, such as Baphoment and Satan. Succumbing to an overwhelming beast will spell permanent death on some servers. Customize your play style with a variety of spells such as Mind Control.
Wizard Online Key Features:
- VR Support - use Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, or the HTC Vive to immerse yourself in the game world.
- Motion Controls - supports Leap Motion Controller, Oculus Touch, Playstation VR, and Kinect, as well as Virtuix OMNI and 3DRudder.
- Boss Monsters - form a party with other players to defeat powerful monsters that threaten the game's world.
- Permanent Death - hardcore servers place a high risk on every player interaction; unwise decisions will result in permanent death.
- Numerous Spells - use a library of spell attacks to defeat your enemies, such as Mind Control.
Wizard Online Screenshots
Wizard Online Featured Video
Wizard Online Review
Wizard Online Videos
Wizard Online Online Links
Wizard Online System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz or Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
Video Card: GeForce GT 430 or Radeon HD 5550 512MB
RAM: 6 GB
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
Virtual Reality peripherals are not required to play Wizard Online.
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Wizard Online. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Wizard Online Music & Soundtrack
Wizard Online Additional Information
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Other Platforms: Mac, Xbox One, PS4
Alpha Release Date: Q4 2015
Release Date: 2016
Development History / Background:
Wizard Online is an independent project developed by SongOfDeath. It is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. The game may be one of the first projects to release with DirectX 12 support. Wizard Online supports the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Playstation VR devices, along with Motion Control devices. It's expected to release some time in 2016.