Final Fantasy XIV Has Reached 18M Registered Users, Unveils Details Of Patch 5.2
In the latest Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live Stream held last Friday, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced that the widely-popular fantasy MMORPG has reached a total of 18 million registered players from all around the globe. That’s 2 million more than the number they revealed in the Shadowbringers trailer at last week’s The Game Awards 2019.
Yoshida also unveiled details on the upcoming Patch 5.2, titled Echoes of a Fallen Star during the 14-hour long stream. The patch is the next major update for the Shadowbringers expansion and will feature a host of new content. Here’s a rundown of what’s coming with the patch.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
In addition, Yoshida also revealed a series of new FFXIV Fan Festivals for the next two years. There’s also a five-day Free Login Campaign happening now until January 14th and a new Shadowbringers full-color art book titled Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers The Art of Reflection – Histories Forsaken -. The book is now available for pre-order and is scheduled for release in May 2020.
If you have time, you can watch the full livestream below.