Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.4 Launches Early December, Details Revealed
Final Fantasy XIV's latest update Patch 5.4 "Futures Rewritten" is set to launch in early December and introduces a significant amount of much needed new content. Due to the Coronavirus, major updates for the game have been delayed so there's been drought in content, especially for raiders. Patch 5.4 will introduce new raids, new story content, a new trial, blue mage updates, and much more. There's also a smaller update, Patch 5.35 launching on October 13th which continues the "Save the Queen" questline and the new Bozjan Southern Front battle content which should keep players busy until the much larger Patch 5.4 launches in early December.
Patch 5.4 New Content:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Following the grand conclusion of the Shadowbringers story in Patch 5.3, players will set out on a new adventure.
New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter in the 8-player Eden raid series brings new challenging battles available as both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era - The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – The next chapter in “The Sorrow of Werlyt” questline will introduce Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya's Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive a number of new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies in order to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
- Performance Action Update – Playable instruments have been expanded to include the violin.
- Triple Triad Updates – In addition to revised match rules and UI enhancements, new limited-time tournaments will be held, which will also be available via the Duty Finder.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The fourth and final stage of the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard begins.
- “Save the Queen” Update – New 24- and 48-player large-scale battle content and the opportunity to further enhance Resistance weapons arrives in the next chapter of this multi-part adventure featuring a scenario written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII).
- Adjustments to PvE and PvP actions, updates to Ocean Fishing and Doman Mahjong, treasure hunt dungeon updates, new UI skins, and more.
While the new raid tier is what I'm most excited for, Patch 5.4 introduces a lot of casual and mid tier content as well. The addition of the Violin as a playable instrument for performances is a nice touch which will certainly make major player hubs more lively. The new Unreal Trial, Trial, and "Save the Queen" content should ensure there's something for everyone with this update.