Final Fantasy XIV Tokyo Fanfest Keynote Reveals New Class (Dancer), New Race (Hrothgar), Setting, & More
Today marks the 1st day of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest Tokyo and in today's keynote announcement the following new information was revealed:
- Patch 4.56 launches March 26, 2019 (Prologue part 2)
- New expansion set in "The First" (a world with too much light)
- New playable class: Dancer (Ranged DPS). No associated class (Similar to Samurai / RDM / DRK). Can buff party members.
- New playable race: Hrothgar (male only)
- Massive new areas (Lakeland)
- New battle changes info will be released in Mid May with a Live Letter.
- ~9 new dungeons in Shadowbringers
- Each race will have a different name in 'The First'.
- Lalafell only buildings (other races can see through windows)
- New high end raid tier (Eden) which ties into MSQ
The big takeaway here is that the main story takes place on another world named 'The First' which exists outside of 'The Source', the world everything else took place in up until now.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers launches into early access on June 28, 2019 for anyone who pre-ordered and on July 2, 2019 for everyone else.
New Class (Dancer):
New Race (Hrothgar):
New Town (The Crystarium):
New Town (Eulmore):