Nexon Restructures Internal Teams, Grants Subsidiaries Independence To Encourage Growth
When you’re the leader of a group, giving every member the freedom to come up with new ideas and think outside the box is definitely better than forcing a single idea on the whole group. This is probably what Korean gaming giant Nexon had in mind when it granted full autonomy to 7 internal studios.
MMOCulture reports that Nexon restructured its internal teams into 7 separate and independent development studios. Each of the studios are encouraged work autonomously according to their own philosophy. This was supposedly done to encourage friendly competition and growth within Nexon’s ranks.
The seven studios are:
- devCAT – Mabinogi, Mabinogi Mobile, Mabinogi Heroes (Vindictus) and, Mabinogi Duel
- What! Studio – Durango
- Studio One – Tango Five, Dungeon & Fighter 2, FIFA Online Series, and NBA Street Online Series
- Thingsoft – ROTK: The Legend of Cao Cao, Peria Chronicles
- Nexon GT – Titanfall Online, Sudden Attack, Atlantica Online
- Nexon Red – Alliance X Empire, Fantasy War Tactics, Legion of Heroes
- Boolean Games – Dark Avenger Series