Antraxx is a free-to-play mech shooter MMO available via browser or download. Control your customized mech and fight to survive in a harsh world turned desolate after generations of war.
Type: Mech Shooter
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Player-driven world. +Available via browser or download. +Mech customization.
Cons: -No announced release date. -Demo riddled with bugs.
Antraxx is a free-to-play isometric mech shooter that features multiple game modes, mech customization, and limitless sandbox gameplay. Set in a world torn by decades of war, players fight to survive in a harsh landscape. Choose from one of three factions and take on varied game modes that allow team-based, free-for-all, and co-op play with friends. Fight for your faction's foothold over territory, similar to the faction vs. faction gameplay of Planetside 2. Customize your mech to suit your playstyle, trading for mech components and stealing your foes' parts to create an unstoppable machine. Equip a variety of additions such as jetpacks, rocket launchers, lasers, teleportation, and cloaking devices to add variety to gameplay and offer players a reason to switch builds. Acquire land to build your own zone using the game's map creation tools for a limitless sandbox experience.
Antraxx Key Features:
- Isometric Mech Combat – pilot your mech and fly across a war torn world, shooting all enemies that get in your way.
- High Quality Pixel Art – enter a crisp and detailed world brought to life with hand-drawn pixel art that harkens back to the SNES era of gaming.
- Mech Customization – choose from a wide variety of parts including rocket launchers, teleporters, lasers, and more from trading or from destroying enemy mechs.
- Variety of Game Modes – choose from multiple game modes that span team-based, free-for-all, and co-op combat, or acquire your own land and use the game's map tools to create your own style of game.
- Three Factions to Join – choose from the game's three factions and fight for supremacy by claiming territory across the game world.
Antraxx Featured Video
Antraxx Online Links
Antraxx System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
RAM: 512 MB RAM
Video Card: GeForce 6600 or better
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB available space
Browser: Firefox, Chrome
Antraxx Music & Soundtrack
Antraxx Additional Information
Kickstarter Launch: October 1, 2016
Kickstarter Cancellation: November 1, 2016
Release Date: Unreleased
Antraxx, originally known as META4, is developed and published by Antraxxed, a team of developers that have been working on the game together since 2011. The game was originally created in Actionscript with FlashDeveloper in a custom 2D engine for mobile devices, and was later re-written to support more active controls with modern technology. The game is intended to release cross-platform, including mobile, browser, PC, Mac, and Linux devices. It was launched on Kickstarter on October 1, 2016 with a goal of €30,000, but only raised €4,891 and was cancelled on November 1, 2016. The developers stated that they will continue to work on the game with the feedback they received from the Kickstarter, with no official release date announced. The game has had no update in years and is effectively abandoned.