ChronoBlade is a mobile action RPG available for iOS and Android. The game was originally released as a browser game. Choose from a variety of characters and master their combos, which are strung together with button presses much like combos found fighting games like Street Fighter.
Type: Mobile Action RPG
Release Date: January 03, 2018
Shut Down Date: December 06, 2021
Pros: +Real-time PvP. +Fighting game-inspired combat. +Multiple distinct characters.
Cons: -Energy bar restricts game time. -Lack of updates. -Difficult to earn gold.
ChronoBlade Shut Down on December 06, 2021
ChronoBlade is a free-to-play side-scrolling action RPG with four playable characters ready to do battle in the game's beat-em-up style combat. The game is available for Android and iOS, as well as Facebook and browser. Adventure into the game's world as a member of The Pact, an organization of heroes determined to stop an inter-dimensional group of villains from terrorizing the multiverse. Chain together primary and secondary attacks to unleash strong abilities in line with the combo systems of 2D fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken. Traverse a variety of dungeons to progress through the game's alternate worlds, and join up with other players to participate in co-op dungeon play or in PvP modes. Customize your character with distinct equipment and utilize the skill tree to mix and match skills between two class types; there are no pre-defined builds, enabling a variety of playstyles.
ChronoBlade Key Features:
- Four Playable Characters – play as four distinct characters, two of whom include Aurok, a fiercely stronger fighter, and Lophi, accompanied by her shapeshifting creature Knot.
- Fighter-Inspired Combat – unleash massive, rewarding combos after stringing together timed button presses, much like combos found in Street Fighter.
- Sidescrolling Beat-em-up – run straight into enemy territory and beat them up, focusing on hand-to-hand combat against a variety of opponents across a 2D level.
- Variety of Character Skills – mix and match passive and combat skills using the two classes available to each character, with over 30 abilities available.
- PvP and PvE Modes – take on other players in one-on-one combat in the game's PvP mode or enter dungeons for co-op play.
ChronoBlade Featured Video
ChronoBlade Online Links
ChronoBlade Official Site
ChronoBlade System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 or later / iOS 8.0 or later
ChronoBlade Music & Soundtrack
ChronoBlade Additional Information
Game Engine: Unity
Closed Beta Date (Browser): April 4, 2013 to February 1, 2015
Mobile Announcement Date (Global): August 3, 2016
Release Date (Korea): June 16, 2015
Release Date (Global): January 03, 2018
Shut Down Date: December 06, 2021
Development History / Background:
ChronoBlade is developed by nWay, a game studio comprised of industry vets with experience with Grand Theft Auto and Diablo, and published by NetMarble, creator of Marvel Future Fight and Uncharted Waters Online. The game was originally launched as a closed beta for browser and Facebook in 2013, which lasted from April 4, 2013 to February 1, 2015. It was removed from the web after its developers publicly announced their shift to mobile platforms. The game was released in Korea on June 16, 2015 as a soft launch to test the waters and allow them to gain experience with the mobile market. NetMarble announced on August 3, 2016 that the game was to be launched globally in 2016 along with a new pre-registration website and launch trailer. A full release did not arrive until January 03, 2018. The game received only minor updates in 2018 before the developer moved on to their next title, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars. On November 01, 2021 it was announced via Facebook that the game would shut down on December 06, 2021.