Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag is a 2D mobile action MMORPG set in the universe of popular anime and manga Sword Art Online. Collect your favorite characters from the series to create an invincible party to take on the game's challenges, each with unique skills, stats, and artwork.
|Publisher: Bandai Namco
Type: Mobile MMORPG
Release Date: January 24, 2017
Shut Down Date: August 30, 2021
Pros: +Quality graphics. +SAO universe. +Variety of collectible characters.
Cons: -Pay-to-win elements. -Only one character playable at a time. -Gacha-style character acquisition.
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Shut Down on August 30, 2021
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Overview
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag is a free-to-play mobile action MMORPG available on iOS and Android platforms. The game's characters and stories are based heavily on the popular Sword Art Online, an anime and manga series about video game players trapped inside a digital world. Take the role of legendary heroes including Kirito, Asuna, Leafa, and more to fight dangerous foes on the virtual frontier, mastering a variety of playstyles to counter enemy tactics. Characters span multiple class types, including dual-wielding, one-handed swords, guns, bows, and magic, giving players a variety of choices when building a party. Combat utilizes touch controls for an action packed experience, which can be used to perform attack combos, special skills, and parry combos for epic amounts of damage. The game also offers multiplayer, allowing players to recruit others' party leaders for help in combat and take on powerful boss monsters together.
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Key Features:
- Sword Art Online Universe – re-live the original anime story and participate in an all-new storyline made just for the game, featuring characters from the series.
- Real-time Action Combat – tap, drag, and swipe to command your character to dodge, parry, attack, and jump, resulting in action-oriented gameplay that demands skill to master.
- Variety of Collectible Characters – scout out new characters to add to your party using the game's teleport plaza, which features a wide variety of recruitable characters.
- Multiple Classes – compose your party of characters that wield weapons such as maces, swords, staves, bows, and more, each with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Multiplayer Gameplay – fight special multiplayer bosses while teaming up with other players, or take on story mode with the help of AI-controlled helpers from other player teams.
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Screenshots
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Featured Video
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Review
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Videos
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Online Links
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag System Requirements
Operating System: Android 4.1 and later, iOS 7.0 and later.
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Music & Soundtrack
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag Additional Information
Japanese Title: ソードアート・オンライン メモリー・デフラグ
Developer: Wright Flyer Studios
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Release Date (JP): August 29, 2016
Release Date (Global): January 24, 2017
Shut Down Date: August 30, 2021
Development History / Background:
Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag was developed by Wright Flyer Studios, a Japanese game developer, and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, a game publisher known for a variety of licensed games including Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Digimon Heroes, God Eater Online, and more. The game was initially released in Japan on August 29, 2016, and was later released globally on January 24, 2017 with new content added continually. On June 30, 2021 it was announced that the game would shut down on August 30, 2021.