Ever, Jane was a MMORPG that focuses on party attendance, gossip, dinner parties, and role-playing in a Jane Austen-inspired world. Players build stories through their actions, while the game's quests are derived from player's actions and stories.
|Publisher: 3 Turn Productions
PvP: Gossip System
Release Date: September 14, 2016
Shut Down: December 20, 2020
Pros: +Dynamic story-telling. +Unconventional gameplay. +Roleplaying-focused. +Unique Jane Austen theme.
Cons: -Outdated graphics. -Reliant on roleplaying. -Limited audience appeal.
Ever, Jane Overview
Compete against other players through gossip in Ever, Jane, utilizing rumors and slander as weaponry instead of swords and magic. Gossip comes at a cost: those who are caught lying about someone to harm their reputation can be shafted entirely from society, never to be invited to a party again. The game revolves around the polite and biting world of Regency-era England, through the witty and critical eye of writer Jane Austen. It focuses on role-playing and social interaction with other players, which are reinforced by the game's Personality Traits that define your character with a variety of dynamic traits. Attend balls and dinner parties and see your reputation skyrocket, at the cost of being more susceptible to enemy gossip.
Ever, Jane Key Features:
- Character Customization – pick from a variety of character traits that define the way that your character interacts with the world, including: Status, Happiness, Kindness, Duty, Reputation, Gentility, Wealth, Beauty, Grace, and Wit.
- Attend a Ball or Dinner Party – acquire gowns, formal attire, and carriages in preparation for massive parties thrown by other players, where your personality traits can skyrocket in level.
- Family System – the game's version of guilds: join a collection of players who play as a group to increase their family's status, pulling together through crises to avoid a family-wide reputation drop.
- Gossip and Intrigue – enter Regency-era England through the lens of Jane Austen, fighting enemy gossip as opposed to enemy monsters, using your actions to propel you to high society.
- Mini Games – emulate the daily lives of characters with mini games that were used in Jane Austen's books, such as ballroom dancing, Whist, embroidery, hunting, fishing, and a variety of other games that increase personality traits.
Ever, Jane Screenshots
Ever, Jane Featured Video
Ever, Jane Review
Ever, Jane Videos
Ever, Jane Online Links
Ever, Jane System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Mac OSX
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
Video Card: GeForce 6600 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
Ever, Jane Music & Soundtrack
Ever, Jane Additional Information
Developer: 3 Turn Productions
Kickstarter Launch Date: October 29, 2013
Closed Beta Date: September 9, 2015
Open Beta Date: September 14, 2016
Shut Down: December 20, 2020
Development History / Background:
Ever, Jane is being developed and published by 3 Turn Productions, a small game developer focused on creating historically accurate worlds based on classic literature. The game was announced as a Kickstarter campaign, beginning on October 29, 2013, with a campaign goal of $100,000 USD. It raised $109,563 USD at the end of its campaign, enough to launch the game by an estimated 2016 release date. Its closed beta launched on September 9, 2015, and its open beta was projected for January 2016. After seeing a larger-than-expected audience with its closed beta, the developers decided to continue the closed beta throughout Q1 2016 in anticipation of more users and continued improvements on gameplay.
The game was shut down on December 20, 2020 after failing to attract enough subscribers to cover server upkeep costs.