First Earth was a MMO that gives players the freedom to pursue their own values in a free society of players on an untouched Earth. Change the world with your decisions as you build a new society together with other players.
|Publisher: Adam Thompson
PvP: Open World
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Player-driven world. +Total player freedom. +Evolving game world.
Cons: -No release date. -Ambitious feature list.
First Earth Overview
First Earth was a subscription-based MMO that simulates an early Earth, prior to its population by man and their wide variety of civilizations, and its subsequent rise of society and technology. Players begin with no humans in sight, forced to make critical decisions that dictate both how you live and how the area around is shaped as you fight against nature. Control advancement and where you take your civilization, choosing to meet up and ally with other players or remain alone in your location on the planet. Start as a caveman in rags and advance through the ages to build a new society that is entirely directed by your choices. Utilize the game's systems that include skills, trade, technology, and more to build a society based on your values and decisions.
First Earth Key Features:
- Realistic Earth Simulation – start on an unoccupied earth and harvest natural resources to survive.
- Character Skills – players can utiliize hard skills and stat skills, both of which increase their productivity in gathering and building.
- Player-Driven Society – play alone or with friends and build a society in any location, with social laws such as property rights enforced by the game engine.
- Free Economy – freely trade any items either singly or in bulk. Bound items do not exist in the game, making it possible to set prices freely and determine your own currencies.
- Technology Advancement – begin with no technology and eventually invent new technology using tools and resources, working to advance technology to benefit your society and trade your inventions with other players as contracts.
First Earth Screenshots
First Earth Featured Video
First Earth Review
First Earth Videos
First Earth Online Links
First Earth System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 or later
CPU: Core 2 Duo or better
Video Card: GeForce GTX 680 or better
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
First Earth Music & Soundtrack
First Earth Additional Information
Developer: Adam Thompson
Game Engine: Unity
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
First Earth is being developed by Adam Thompson, a career game programmer whose dream is to create First Earth. Development on the game began in 2010, when Thompson has been working on it solo in his free time, releasing intermittent updates on the game and its progress throughout the years. It is being developed using the Unity3D game engine and its custom server is written in Erlang, a language that supports many players interacting in a single game world. In 2015, the game was funded by a grant given to Thompson by an unnamed philosophical advocacy group that aligns with the game's themes, allowing Thompson to complete his career commitments and begin work on the game full-time on July 15, 2016. The game has not made serious progress since that time and is now regarded as abandoned.