Grepolis is a free-to-play, browser-based strategy MMO set in Ancient Greece, also available on iOS and Android. Players begin by building and upgrading a city, increasing its military force and trade by interacting with nearby villages, eventually moving to new territories to gain new cities through conquering or colonization.
Type: Browser/Mobile MMORTS
Release Date: December 8, 2009
Pros: +Own multiple cities. +Land & sea combat. +Active community.
Cons: -Pay-to-win elements. -Outdated chat UI. -Mediocre graphics.
Build an empire is Ancient Greece, drawing on the powers of the Greek Gods and recruiting ancient Heroes to help boost your economy, strengthen your military and help your imperialistic efforts in Grepolis, a MMORTS by InnoGames, developer of Forge of Empires and Elvenar. The game offers combat both at land and at sea, with recruitable units such as a Pegasus or a Hydra to help work towards your acts of conquest and colonization. One of the game’s strong points is its multi-city management benefits, which require careful gameplay at great advantage; players with access to multiple cities have access to multiple academies, allowing for extra research points and technology. Each city can also pray to different Gods, allowing players access to more unique deity-bestowed units. Beyond those features, the game is fairly straightforward for MMORTS games, consisting of building upgrade timers, resource and unit management, and finally dealing with the game’s grating desire for players to purchase premium currency.
Grepolis Key Features:
- Traditional City-Building Gameplay – Continually build, upgrade, and manage your buildings to ensure a smooth flow of resources that support your military efforts.
- Worship Gods for Bonuses – Pick from Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Athena, Hades, and Artemis to worship for access to Divine Powers and unique mythical units for use in land or sea battle.
- Construct World Wonders – After reaching certain requirements, the entire server moves into The Era of World Wonders, which allows players to build Wonders such as the Pyramid of Giza on their controlled islands.
- Cross-Play Browser and Mobile – Access your islands and cities from browser or mobile interchangeably.
- Colonization and Conquest – Multiple ways to acquire cities, either by building new ones or taking over pre-existing ones by force.
- Restarting After a Loss – Unlike many MMORTS games, players whose cities and empires have been taken over by other players have the option to start a new empire, where players have a second chance at making a successful empire.
no images were found
Grepolis Featured Video
Grepolis Online Links
Grepolis System Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Equivalent
Video Card: Any Graphics Card (Integrated works well too)
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB (Cache)
Grepolis is a browser based MMO and will run smoothly on practically any PC. The game was tested and works well on Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox and Chrome. Any modern web-browser should run the game smoothly.
Grepolis Music & Soundtrack
Grepolis Additional Information
Platforms: Browser, iOS, Android
Release Date: December 8, 2009
Grepolis is developed and published by InnoGames, a German game developer responsible for the incredibly popular Tribal Wars and Forge of Empires titles, totaling over 100 million registered players and generating over 50 million Euro in revenue at the end of 2012. The studio was founded in 2003 and maintains multiple cross-platform MMORTS games, with Grepolis being one of its most popular, available in multiple languages worldwide.