Mir 4 is a mobile action MMORPG set in the Eastern-inspired world of the Legend of Mir franchise. The game boasts fluid action-oriented combat, smooth character animations, four playable characters, and polished graphics created in Unreal Engine 4.
|Publisher: WeMade Entertainment
Type: Mobile MMORPG, PC MMORPG (Cross-platform)
Release Date: November 25, 2020 (KR)
Re-release (With Blockchain Elements): August 25, 2021
Pros: +Multiple character classes. Fluid action combat. +Unique play to earn/crypto elements.
Cons: -Time gated content. -Repetitive gameplay. -Auto-play features. -Tons of botters and hackers.
Mir 4 Overview
Mir 4 is a blockchain powered 'play to earn' 3D mobile MMORPG that is the latest official title in the Legend of Mir franchise: an isometric MMORPG game series well-known in China and South Korea. The core differentiator with Mir 4 is its crypto elements. Players can obtain a cryptocurrency called DRACO in Mir 4 by mining, crafting, and other in-game activities. The value of DRACO is 'backed' by the in-game utility of the token.
This game will be the second mobile Mir game and is the first specifically designed for mobile platform, as the original mobile Mir was a PC port, Legend of Mir 2. Battle foes with fluid action combat where players can unleash character-specific abilities to devastate their foes in solo and group dungeons. Play as four distinct characters whose weaponry and abilities fit RPG archetypes, including a warrior character that uses a large sword, a rogue character who uses dual daggers, and a magical character who uses magical abilities. The game also offers player-vs-player combat in line with the series' open PK.
Mir 4 Key Features:
- Blockchain Gaming - Mir 4 is one of the first blockchain powered play to earn games on Steam. Players can earn valuable in game resources which can be converted to DRACO which has real world value.
- Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) - Players can convert their own characters to NFTs upon reaching level 60 and reaching 100,000 power score. NFT characters can be bought and sold on the game's crypto-exchange. This allows players to freely buy and sell their characters, giving them 'ownership' of their game assets.
- Fluid Action Combat – activate abilities and devastate your foes in combat, racking up combo points to deal massive damage.
- Four Playable Characters – play as four distinct characters that feature archetypal class combat, including an assassin, a warrior, and a mage.
- Eastern-Inspired World – enter a world inspired by the ancient Eastern world that includes martial arts and ornate oriental clothing.
- Legend of Mir IP – play a game based on a highly popular and successful MMO Legend of Mir 2 that updates its graphics and gameplay for modern gaming.
- PK and PvP – fight other players in duels or partake in the game's PK in the spirit of the game's open PK-featuring predecessors.
Mir 4 Screenshots
Mir 4 Featured Video
Mir 4 Review
Mir 4 Videos
Mir4 Draco / Cryptocurrency explanation
Mir 4 System Requirements
Operating System: Android 6.0 or later / iOS 11.0 or later
Mir 4 Music & Soundtrack
Mir 4 Additional Information
Developer: WeMade Entertainment
Publisher: WeMade Entertainment
Game Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Announcement Date: July 28, 2016
Korea: November 2020
Global: October 26, 2021
Development History / Background:
Mir 4 is developed and published by WeMade Entertainment, developer of the popular Mir series as well as Riders of Icarus and Icarus-M. The series is notable for being highly successful in China and South Korea despite its age (2001), earning its publishers over $90 million per month, and at one point earning $7 million in a single day. The game was announced on July 28, 2016 at ChinaJoy 2016 with a reveal trailer that came as a surprise to many. The franchise IP was locked in a legal battle between the developers, WeMade, and the publisher of the previous games, Shanda. Developed in Unreal Engine 4, the game updates the sprite-based graphics of the game series into the world of 3D gaming, modernizing it from isometric pixel art for the first time. Mir 4 was released in Korea in November 25, 2020. Global pre-registration started in July 29, 2021 and the game launched on October 26, 2021.