Sea of Thieves
Sea of Thieves is a first-person cooperative pirate game where players explore the vast open world, fight other sea dogs, and collect hoards of treasure.
|Publisher: Microsoft Studios
Type: MMO Action Adventure
Release Date: 2017
Pros: +Detailed ship mechanics and naval combat. +Vast open world to explore with a variety of islands. +Crew system and co-op gameplay.
Cons: -Limited information available.
Sea of Thieves Overview
Sail the open waters in Sea of Thieves as a pirate with the freedom to do anything. Explore the open world with friends, traversing across wild waves and uncharted lands. Learn to sail a ship, from weighing anchor to unfurling masts to steering. Engage in naval combat, crushing opponents with cannonballs and sinking their ship. Create your own adventures with in-game tools to share with others. Pursue quests, master melee and gun combat, and use the day/night system to your advantage. Customize ships to show character to stand out. With grog in one hand and a map in another, get tipsy with your crew and embark on treasure hunts.
Sea of Thieves Key Features:
- Detailed Ship Mechanics – sailing the seas requires players to learn ship functions, from weighing anchor to unfurling masts to steering.
- Naval Combat – players can engage in naval combat with other pirates, slinging cannonballs into their hulls and sinking them.
- Explore Islands – there are a large variety of islands to explore, varying not only in physical appearance but also in loot and surprises.
- Join a Crew – band together with others to form a crew, working together to sail the seas. Make a mutinous member walk the plank!
- Customize Ships – ships can be customized to show individual character and style, making them stand out.
Sea of Thieves Screenshots
Sea of Thieves Featured Video
Sea of Thieves Review
Sea of Thieves Videos
Sea of Thieves Links
Sea of Thieves System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Core i3-2115C 2.0GHz
Video Card: GeForce GT 720 v2 or Radeon R7 240 2GB
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Sea of Thieves. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Sea of Thieves Music & Soundtrack
Sea of Thieves Additional Information
Publisher(s): Microsoft Studios
Composer(s): Robin Beanland
Game Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Platform(s): PC, Xbox One
Full Release Date: Q1 2017
Development History / Background:
Sea of Thieves is developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Studios. The game was featured at E3 2016, with a closed beta to start shortly after. Sea of Thieves uses Unreal Engine 4 and can be played on the PC and Xbox One. The game is anticipated to be released in February 2017.