Day Of Infamy's Aussie Update Adds New Units, Improved Ranking System
Insurgency developer New World Interactive's World War II FPS Day of Infamy received a new update today, known as the "Aussie" update. The update introduces a community-made map of the Rhineland, four new units, the Owen submachine gun, new melee weapons, and more.
The full list of new content is as follows.
- New Map: Rhineland.
- New Units: Australian unit includes new authentic voice acting and the iconic Slouch Hat.
- 2/17th Battalion - new Australian unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- The Black Watch - a Scottish unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- 761st Tank Battalion "Black Panthers" - an African-American unit for the U.S. Army faction.
- 272nd Volksgrenadier Division - new brown camouflage for the German Wehrmacht faction.
- New Owen submachine gun available for Commonwealth faction on maps when the Aussie units are available.
- New Melee weapons including entrenching tools, shovels, Commando knife, brass knuckles and more.
- New unlockable Veteran weapon skins and cloth wraps. Available for the K98, Lee Enfield, Springfield, and Garand rifles. These veteran skins unlock when reaching kill thresholds for each rifle.
The update also introduces an improved ranking system. The ranking system now includes four more Officer ranks: Lieutenant, Captain, Major, and Colonel. A new "Tour" system allows players to "reset their rank and start over again after reaching 1 million points with 15 unit unlock thresholds per Tour."
The Aussie update is available to all Day of Infamy players completely free of charge. If you have yet to purchase a copy of Day of Infamy, it is available now on Steam for $19.99.