EverQuest Celebrating 20th Anniversary with Events and New Progression Servers
EverQuest officially turned 20 years old on March 16, making it one of the longest running MMORPGs of all time along with other oldies like Ultima Online and RuneScape. To celebrate the occasion the game launched 2 progression servers titled Selo and Mangler. As with previous EverQuest progression servers, players need an active subscription to access these.
20th Anniversary Highlights include:
- In-Game Celebrations: Daybreak has launched Gnome Memorial Mountain, a new open world full of quests, collections and raids; new pack offerings and returning anniversary content for EverQuest fans. Learn more here: https://qa.everquest.com/news/eq-20th-anniversary-celebrations-2019
- Progression Servers Launch: Players will be given two new opportunities to re-experience EverQuest's history with the Selo and Mangler Progression Servers launch.Learn more here: https://qa.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-launch-20th-anniversary-2019
- Partnerships and Collabs:
- IDW Publishing: IDW will be creating unique licensed EverQuest products including physical tabletop games, art books, comic books and other novelty items featuring EverQuest characters.
- EverQuest Brew with BattleMage Brewery: Daybreak and local San Diego brewery BattleMage developed a special EverQuest brew, Brell’s Blessed Stout, in celebration of the game’s 20 year milestone. A behind-the-scenes look into the brew creation with soundbites is available here and images from the first tasting with local fans are available here.
- San Diego Comic Con Museum - EverQuest Fan Event: Daybreak is collaborating with the museum to hold an EverQuest fan event and interactive exhibit that will be open for one special weekend in April (stay tuned for exact dates). It will include a collection of 20 years of the game’s history and art, miniature live quests, developer chats, and another chance to get a taste of the BattleMage EverQuest brew, Brell’sBlessed Stout.
- GDC Panel: The Daybreak Games development team will be hosting a panel at the Moscone Center in San Francisco on Thursday, March 21 at 2:00 p.m. entitled ‘Living with a Legacy 2.0 - 20 years of EverQuest.
EverQuest also released an infographic to celebrate their 20th anniversary. Check it out below: