Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.5 Launching January 8 - Adds New MSQ, Trial, Alliance Raid, & More
Square Enix announced yesterday that Final Fantasy XIV's 4.5 Patch titled 'A Requiem for Heroes' will be launching on January 8, 2019. This latest patch will feature the first half of the conclusion to the Stormblood expansion storyline with the second half launching sometime later. The highly anticipated new Blue Mage job is also launching soon; it should launch 1 week after 4.5 drops.
Patch 4.5 New Features:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Patch 4.5 Requiem for Heroes Trailer:
I'm personally excited for the new trial. While trials aren't as difficult as savage tier raids, they can still be quite challenging on 'extreme' mode. The Gold Saucer update is pretty hype as well because new mini games are always fun to play with friends while waiting for parties to fill.
Additional patch 4.5 updates are scheduled in the near future as well and will feature the following:
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
- Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System
Further reading: Patch 4.5 Mini-Site